Associate Dean for Academic Affairs & Continuous Quality Improvement & Professor, School of
Notre Dame of Maryland University seeks an Associate Dean for Academic Affairs & Continuous quality Improvement & Professor for our School of Pharmacy. Reporting to the Dean, this administrative/faculty is responsible for the administration of the curriculum and its associated administrative tasks. This individual is also responsible for the development, implementation and management of the School's assessment initiatives in collaboration with relevant committees, faculty and staff.
The Associate Dean's responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a member of the School's Executive Committee;
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the Curriculum and Assessment & Continuous Quality Improvement committees;
- Serve as the School of Pharmacy representative on the University Assessment Committee;
- Manage the student registration process;
- Ensure completion of all Registrar's required forms for delivery of the curriculum;
- Develop and monitor student academic improvement contracts;
- Collaborate with the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs and Assistant Dean for Student Academic Success Programs to facilitate students' academic progress and success;
- Manage the PCOA administration process;
- Develop and manage the School's academic calendar, course and final exam schedules; Manage the School's course evaluation program;
- Manage and revise as appropriate the School's student e-portfolio program;
- In collaboration with the School's Office of Instructional Technology, manage the Examsoft program;
- Manage the co-curricular approval process and insure student completion of all requirements;
- Insure compliance with accreditation standards related to curriculum and assessment;
- Provide leadership in the School on initiatives to improve and
enhance quality teaching
and effective learning;
- Complete the graduation audit and update the School of Pharmacy catalog.
Qualified candidates will have a Doctor of Pharmacy degree or a terminal degree in the pharmaceutical sciences or pharmacy social & administrative sciences. Position requires a minimum of 7-10 years of pharmacy teaching experience; Prior administrative experience is preferred. Must have the ability to work collaboratively with others and have strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. Creativity and resourcefulness needed to be able to handle various issues and concerns effectively while maintaining confidentiality; the ability to problem solve and resolve conflict; the ability to research, analyze and interpret data; the ability to anticipate needs and follow through; ability to exercise independent judgment and disseminate information accurately in a fast paced environment.
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com . Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
Contact information for 3 professional references
Questions can be directed to the hiring manager, Anne Lin at alin @ndm.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Pharmacology Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore