Associate Dean - Instruction
ASSOCIATE DEAN OF INSTRUCTION
Olive-Harvey College is seeking an Associate Dean of Instruction to provide leadership and direction in the development of curriculum, design and implementation of student learning outcome and assessment programs, and in the development, exploration, and implementation of various programs and opportunities designed to maximize student development and promote excellence in instruction. The successful candidate will also ensure compliance with accreditation standards; review and evaluate academic plans, curriculum, and course proposals; prepare various reports and analyses in support of the academic and administrative work of the college; and assume specific responsibilities of the Dean in his/her absence.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates full-time and part-time faculty to ensure continuity of quality classroom instruction. Recommends enhancement, retention or non-retention. Provides written and verbal feedback on instructional quality according to Board/Union Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Coordinates and directs the evaluation, review, and implementation of innovative curriculum additions and revisions. Reviews course outlines and syllabi and offers feedback and assistance.
- Assists the VP and Dean of Instruction in the tenure and post-tenure process.
- Assists with comprehensive orientation programs for full-time and part-time faculty.
- Works with the Office of Research to plan and conduct research.
- Represents the college to community organizations and agencies and participates on districtwide committees.
- Completion of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of two (2) years in leadership position in higher education setting.
- Training, participation and/or knowledge of higher education accreditation procedures, articulation process, assessment and program review.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion and multiculturalism in one's work experience.
- Experience in union setting preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create a learning environment that fosters student success.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a technologically integrated environment that fosters innovation within a learning organization.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve student complaints and recommend appropriate procedures for resolution.
- Experience working in a community college and instructional experience are highly preferred.
- Experience organizing or serving as a part of a self-study process (credit or occupational) are highly desirable.
- Experience with a union setting preferred.
- Experience with Faculty development and working with career programs.
WE OFFER: Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City College of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago