Job Summary/Basic Function
Maryville University Design and Visual Art is seeking local,
qualified candidates in teaching an advanced Web Design Course.
Candidates must be comfortable in both visual design and
development and be fluent in graphics software, HTML, CSS,
committed to fostering a welcoming environment for a diverse
population of students, faculty, and staff.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the
University’s mission, academic policies and procedures,
expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Prepare essential learning objectives, lesson plans, and
assignments. Develop course syllabus.
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes,
teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively
deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world
applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class
assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough
manner (within 24 hours).
• Establish weekly office hours to provide additional assistance
with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in design or related field with extensive
• 3 years of relevant professional experience
• Master’s degree in a related field from a regionally accredited
• Three years professional experience with a creative agency
• Higher education teaching experience
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please include a link to your visual portfolio within cover
letter or CV.
• The Department is using this position announcement to build a
qualified pool of instructors to fill teaching needs as they arise.
This position is not designated for a specific course or
• Transcripts are required to complete the application. Unofficial
transcripts are acceptable for application purposes.
• An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of a background screening.
• Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment
authorization will not be considered for this position.
• Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal
opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age,
disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national
origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran
status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all
aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting,
hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and
Advertised: August 12, 2020