Adjunct Instructor - Advanced Web Design
Job Summary/Basic Function
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Prepare essential learning objectives, lesson plans, and assignments. Develop course syllabus.
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner (within 24 hours).
• Establish weekly office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in design or related field with extensive professional qualifications
• 3 years of relevant professional experience
• Master’s degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution
• Three years professional experience with a creative agency
• Higher education teaching experience
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please include a link to your visual portfolio within cover letter or CV.
• The Department is using this position announcement to build a qualified pool of instructors to fill teaching needs as they arise. This position is not designated for a specific course or semester.
• Transcripts are required to complete the application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application purposes.
• An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background screening.
• Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
• Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: August 12, 2020