Financial Aid/VA Specialist
Financial Aid/VA Specialist
2200 University Drive,, McKinney Campus
McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for an experienced Financial Aid/VA Specialist
Serve as the first line of contact to assist students with the financial aid and veterans benefits application and process from filling it out to trouble shooting issues to explaining their award and the refund process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform verification on selected financial aid students.
- Receive and review Financial Aid and Veteran Affairs incoming documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist students, staff, faculty and the general public with correct information and direction regarding financial aid and veterans benefits in person and over the telephone in a friendly and professional manner.
- Prepare documents for review including scanning and indexing, updating computer system with status of documents and other essential information, and communicating potential issues with advisors and/or leadership.
- Perform general office duties, including picking up and sending mail, sorting and distributing mail, filling out assorted forms such as scholarship and housing assistance forms, tracking office supply utilization, ordering office supplies, making copies as needed & filing all documents.
- Provide assistance to Financial Aid Advisors during peak awarding times.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with constant interruptions and noise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of experience required. At least three (3) years of experience, preferred.
In addition to minimum experience required, at least 60 semester hours OR at least two (2) additional years of directly related experience may be substituted for the education requirement. A higher level degree than what is required for the job may be substituted for no more than one (1) year of the required work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal and state Financial Aid and Veteran Affairs rules and regulations, as well as Collin policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Banner/Global screens to ascertain required documents
- Knowledge of all associated websites where applications and/or required processes (e.g., loan entrance and exit counseling) are located
- Knowledge of all elements on all applications and forms students must submit
- Knowledge of other departments' responsibilities/services that can affect a Financial Aid / Veteran Affairs student such as residency, dropping classes, etc.
- Attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to communicate potential issues to staff and leadership
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $34,309.00 - 39,456.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney