Web Systems Administrator
Web Systems Administrator
Benedictine University is an inclusive academic community, inspired by the Catholic intellectual tradition and Benedictine values. We seek employees who will contribute to the advancement of our mission by helping students shape lives of meaning and purpose as engaged citizens who care for the Earth, welcome people of diverse faiths and cultures, and promote the common good.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Title: Web Systems Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
Position Summary: Working in the Information Technology department and in close collaboration with the Marketing department, the Web Systems Administrator supports the University and its mission by assisting in the design, organization, navigation, development and maintenance of the Benedictine University websites. The Web Developer works directly with web content users, developers, administrators and other staff to create and maintain effective, intuitive, user-friendly web sites.
Duties include performing requirements analysis, design, coding, unit and integration testing of web software applications, and configuration management. Manage existing Internet applications and develop new applications for the entire University community. Use Drupal, ColdFusion and other technologies to maintain existing applications and to develop any new applications needed by the University.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Develop and maintain web infrastrucutre including Drupal, MySQL, and legacy technologies. Lead efforts to modernize and consolidate technologies. Lead efforts to take full advantage of available integrations. Translate non-technical business requirements into dynamic, functional web applications, modules, custom elements, and more, and to enhance and maintain existing web systems, using an excellent understanding of best practices in web application programming and web application security.
2. Oversee daily management and ongoing development and conversion of the University website applications. Perform change and release deployment, system monitoring, system upgrade, and troubleshooting activities in production and development environments.
3. Effectively collaborate with departments and end users to identify opportunities for business efficiency improvements. Design, develop, and implement services that effect a positive change to business processes. Communicate effectively with internal clients, web development teammates, and key stakeholders. Escalate problems to management and third parties as appropriate.
4. Actively contribute to the University website planning and innovation.
5. Respond to and resolve relevant support requests via IT's ticketing system.
1. Maintain the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and to work on multiple projects at any time, to completion within deadlines.
2. Participate in professional development training activities and adapt to constantly changing technology.
3. Work closely with other departments within the University and provide technical project assistance as required. Provide technical support for other departmental IT team members or end-users for issues related to the University's web systems.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, web programming or equivalent education and training.
Experience: 4+ years IT experience preferred. Experience with Drupal, ColdFusion development and administration, or a strong PHP development background in a database oriented environment is preferred.
• Familiarity with Drupal or other similar content management systems.
Familiarity with ColdFusion Components (CFCs), familiar with ColdFusion syntax, JDBC, JVM and Java settings.
• Ability to code PHP functions and classes.
Desirable Additional Skills:
• Strong understanding of the Drupal/CommonSpot/ColdFusion/SQLServer configuration and architecture components
• Experience with PHP development.
• Understanding of web network architecture and concepts
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications:
Physical Demands: Works in a normal office environment or remote. May be required to cover weekend and non-prime shift hours. Be available on-call outside normal business hours and maintain onsite, off-hours presence should major technical problems or preventative maintenance require evening or weekend work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crawl or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds
Use of computer screen. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel (If applicable): N/A
Supervisory Responsibility (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: General Office Setting
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The laws applicable to Benedictine University include constitutional and statutory protections of the University's rights as a religiously sponsored institution. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all employment and personnel practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, training and compensation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle