Tech/Specialist I/II/III, Veterinary (Anesthesia)
Requisition Number S375P Home Org Name Clinical Sciences Division Name College of Veterinary Medicine Position Title Tech/Specialist I/II/III, Veterinary (Anesthesia) Job Class Code IC12 (A-C), IC13 (A-C) Appointment Status Full-time Part-time FTE Limited Term No Limited Term Length Job Summary
This is a Monday thru Friday, position, however, hours will vary and after hours/weekend call is required. Cross training with the Large Animal Anesthesia and Small Animal Anesthesia services will also be required.
Assists in the administration and monitoring of anesthesia and a variety of tasks in the care, observation and treatment of animals in a specialized large and small animal clinical service area. With oversight from a veterinary anesthesiologist, independently performs anesthesia and peri-operative pain management for veterinary species. Specifically: perform cursory physical examinations, calculate drug dosages, maintain anesthesia equipment, administer pre-anesthetic medications, induce anesthesia, perform endotracheal intubation, insure safe positioning of patients for surgery, monitor physiological parameters, properly document anesthetic events in medical record, recognize anesthetic complications and institute proper corrective actions, recover patients from anesthesia, and enter patient charges into practice management software application. Responsibilities are conducted in a teaching hospital on clinical cases. Anesthetist is also responsible for overseeing and instructing professional students in the safe and effective application of veterinary anesthesia and pain management. Will be responsible for application of a wide variety of anesthetic agents and equipment. Manages anesthesia for moderate, complex and critical patients. Position has the potential to be physically (lifting, restraining, transporting animals) and mentally (rapid evaluation of physiologic parameters) demanding. Position involves on-call responsibilities on nights and weekends.
Education Level Associate's degree in technical or scientific field related to area of assignment Field of Study
Veterinary Technology or a related field that qualifies an individual to obtain national certification
Years of Experience None required for entry level Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Consideration for entry-level Veterinary Technician requires:
1. Associate’s degree or higher in a technical or scientific field related to the area of assignment.
2. Active license as a Veterinary Technician, have met all requirements to become licensed, or have passed the Veterinary Technician National Exam ( VTNE ). Veterinary Technician certification or license must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
Salary range is determined by eligibility for Level I, II or III .
Consideration for entry-level Veterinary Technician Specialist requires:
1. Associate’s degree or higher in a technical or scientific field related to area of assignment.
2. 3 years of experience in the performance of advanced/specialized veterinary technician duties or in Veterinary Technology.
3. Active license as a Veterinary Technician or to have passed the Veterinary Technician National Exam ( VTNE ) and have met all requirements to become certified as a Veterinary Technician Specialist( VTS ).
Salary range is determined by eligibility for Level I, II, or III .
Education Level Field of Study Years of Experience When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience. Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Minimum Skills and Abilities Minimum Technology Skills Minimum License and Certifications
Active license as a Veterinary Technician, have met all requirements to become licensed, or have passed the Veterinary Technician National Exam ( VTNE ). Veterinary Technician certification or license must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
Experience working with horses and knowledge of surgical instruments is also desired. Also desired is experience in the care and comfort of animals, as well as detailed knowledge in the field; the ability to obtain needed information to select and adapt methods and procedures; and skill in using specialized techniques and equipment to resolve operational problems not full covered by precedents.
Salary Grade 29 Salary Range $25,000 - $65,500 Job Category Agricultural/Veterinary Medicine Working Hours if Non-Traditional List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position Posting Date 08/12/2020 Closing Date EEO Statement
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Internal Postings http://www.auemployment.com/postings/18875 Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Documentation
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How were you made aware of this opportunity?
- AU Employment website
- Employment websites (Indeed, HigherEd Jobs, etc.)
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- Professional Journal
- HR email
- Social Media
- State Employment Service
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University.
- Not a current Auburn employee
- Current Auburn employee in position less than one year
- Current Auburn employee in position more than one year
- * Do you have an Associate's degree or higher in a technical or
scientific field related to Veterinary Technology?
- * Do you have an Active license with the Alabama State Board of
Veterinary Medicine as a Veterinary Technician, have met all
requirements to become licensed, or have passed the Veterinary
Technician National Exam (VTNE)? Veterinary Technician
certification or license must be obtained within 6 months of
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Veterinary Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn