Assistant Preschool Teacher, ASUM Childcare
ASUM Childcare invites applications for an Assistant Preschool Teacher (Teachers Aide) to assist the Lead Teacher in the direct care and supervision of children enrolled in ASUM Child Care. This position is responsible for implementing all program practices, procedures and policies; assisting the teacher with the basic implementation of the curriculum and use of positive behavior guidance techniques with the children; assisting the teacher in the daily center operations and perform general oversight duties as directed; completing administrative duties of the CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program); assisting with the supervision of student staff and in developing rapport with parents; and working as a team to accomplish program goals.
This position will also assist the teacher in the supervision and training of student staff to assure all practices and procedures are followed; communicating and using supervision in a constructive and positive manner; correcting and redirecting student staff; and delegating tasks.
- Ability to maintain the quality of the programs
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team, verbally communicate with both adults and children
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and remain calm in difficult situations
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply licensing, CACFP, health and accreditation standards
- Ability to understand acceptable early childhood practices and the stages of child development and implement acceptable positive behavior guidance techniques
- Ability to follow instructions and demonstrate accurate record keeping, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and make adjustment as needed
- Ability to lift and carry infants, young toddlers, toy tubs and laundry bags on a regular basis, which requires mobility and physical demands
- Ability to bend, kneel, crawl, sit in low chairs and on the floor for extended periods of time, which requires mobility and physical demands
- Ability to clean indoors and maintain outdoors by raking and sweeping, which requires mobility and physical demands
Minimum Required Experience
- High School diploma and (2) years’ related experience in a licensed child care facility
- Possess CDA (Child Development Associate) credential or higher
- Meet licensing requirements for immunizations (being immunized against MMR and a Dtap/TD booster in the past 10 years)
- First Aid / CPR Certified in Infant/Child/Adult, or ability to become certified immediately upon hire
- Subject to a minimum of 16 hours of Early Childhood training annually
- Early Childhood Education Degree
- Knowledge of Applicable UM policies and procedures
- Knowledge of NAEYC Accreditation Standards and Code of Ethics
- Knowledge of CACFP policies, practices and procedures including meal preparation and service
About ASUM Child Care and UM
ASUM Child Care Preschool and Family Resources purpose is to provide high quality care and education for children (newborn to age 8) of University of Montana students, faculty and staff in an accredited developmentally appropriate program. A byproduct of our mission is the opportunity to provide employment opportunities for U of M students interested in working with young children.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
Position Title: Assistant Preschool Teacher (Teacher’s Aide)
Position Number: 480080
Department: ASUM Child Care Preschool
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), 9:30 am – 5:30 pm, 12 months/year
Salary: $12.34/hr – Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS - MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Human Development & Family Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner