Vice President of Instruction
Vice President of Instruction
Salary Range: $149,874 - $172,931/yr
Application Deadline: **OPEN UNTIL FILLED – APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED SEPTEMBER 16, 2020 FOR FIRST REVIEW DATE OF SEPTEMBER 17, 2020
The Vice President of Instruction is responsible to the President of the College for providing leadership, direction, general supervision and evaluation of the total instructional program. The incumbent works closely with the President, Vice President of Student Services and the Business and Administrative Services Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides leadership and coordinates and supervises all aspects of the instructional program of the College in compliance with applicable Federal, State, local and District regulations; and ensures compilation and submission of reports as required.
• Coordinates the operation of administrative and academic computing functions, networks and personal computing support to ensure effective assimilation of diverse information technologies and their applications at the College level with the District Office of Information Technology.
• Provides leadership for the continuous improvement of teaching and student learning; plans, organizes and implements a systematic process for supervision and evaluation of instruction and the recruitment of faculty.
• Serves as the College Accreditation Liaison Officer.
• Assists the College President in the development of the total College budget and coordinates and supervises all aspects of the instructional budget, including preparing recommendations to meet educational needs of all segments of the College.
• Serves as principal advisor to the College President; develops, recommends and implements operating policies; and makes policy decisions as authorized; may serve as the Administrator in Charge in the absence of the President.
• Assures implementation of faculty tenure review process, evaluation of full and part-time staff on a timely basis.
• Produces class schedules which are based on student learning needs and program patterns to encourage course and program completion.
• Directs and administers the activities of instructional administrative personnel, as well as other personnel through subordinate management personnel.
• Assists in articulation of instructional programs within the Peralta District, as well as with other colleges/universities and secondary schools.
• Develops and coordinates in-service training and staff development for personnel.
• Serves as College Liaison with the District Office and other educational institutions on all matters relating to the College’s instructional program, and other related functions as assigned.
• Assists the College President in maintaining compliance with Federal, State and local regulations, including District policies and procedures.
• Supervises and coordinates preparation of the college catalog, master schedule of classes, and other necessary instructional publications.
• Provides leadership for the development and revision of the College’s Institutional Master Plan, and the development of instructional short- and long-term goals.
• Plans, supervises and administers weekend and summer session programs.
• Serves as a resource to instructional administrative staff by providing data and instructional research as necessary.
• Assumes leadership of or serves on College and District councils, commissions and committees as required and represents the College in meetings of the community, other educational institutions, and agencies as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the President.
1. Possession of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or
2. One year of formal training, internship or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
3. Knowledge and proficiency in the operation and use of
personal computers utilizing various software applications (i.e.,
word processing, spreadsheet and database management software)
including the Internet.
4. Applicant must have demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff, faculty, and students.
• Possession of a Ph.D. or Ed.D. Degree from an accredited college or university.
• Experience in instructional research design and its integration into learning outcomes and program review for continuous improvement.
• Provides leadership for and builds effective relationships with Student Services and Business Services to strengthen and expand support programs such as, but not limited to, Guided Pathways Initiatives, Student Success and Support Programs, Equity Programs and Strong Workforce.
• Assists in developing academic policy, curriculum and program development, course offering planning and related enrollment management strategies, program review, assessment of learning outcomes as a vehicle to support program improvement, accreditation self-evaluation, and excellence in teaching and learning.
• Serve as a key and innovative participant in college planning processes.
• Oversee the College’s instructional budgets and supervise budgeting and expenditures for the Academic Affairs area.
• Collaborate with other college leaders to develop and assess enrollment management strategies.
Selected Finalists May Participate in a Virtual Public Forum
To apply for this position, please visit our career site at: http://peraltaccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/5127
We are an EOE.