Vice President for Enrollment Management
Gardner-Webb University seeks an experienced, innovative, and visionary Vice President for Enrollment Management to lead the institution’s multifaceted recruitment and admissions efforts at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The VP for Enrollment Management is responsible for designing and implementing comprehensive strategies for continuing GWU’s recent enrollment gains. The incumbent will shape and head a team charged with realizing the enrollment goals articulated in the University’s Strategic Plan for 2020-2025. Reporting directly to the President, the Vice President supervises offices committed to admissions, enrollment marketing, digital learning, and financial planning.
We seek candidates who possess a deep understanding of the current higher education landscape, especially the paths to success for small, private universities. The ideal candidate will be a master of industry-standard best practices, and will also embrace a willingness to experiment and to take calculated risks with the prospect of securing great institutional rewards. The Vice President will work in a data-rich and technology-driven environment that entails prospect generation, new student recruitment, application review, and extension of institutional aid. The Vice President will lead targeted strategies that increase annual yield of new residential undergraduates, commuters, transfers, degree completion students and adult learners, and graduate students (including doctoral).
The general duties of the Vice President for Enrollment Management include the following:
- Advance the mission, vision, and short- and long-term goals of the University in coordination with the President;
- Serve as a member of President’s leadership cabinet;
- Communicate enrollment updates effectively to the University community and to members of the Board of Trustees;
- Recruit, hire, train, retain, inspire, and hold accountable a robust team of Admissions counselors and staff;
- Create and execute recruitment plans that utilize all members of the Admissions staff;
- Coordinate with University Advancement to leverage alumni support for new student recruitment and scholarship support;
- Coordinate with Marketing and Communications to craft and implement strategic initiatives that generate recruitment gains;
- Coordinate with academic leaders to facilitate recruitment in high-growth degree programs (either existing or new);
- Coordinate with Athletics to ensure that recruitment strategies for student-athletes meet institutional enrollment goals;
- Travel to meet high school principals, guidance counselors, students and their parents as a representative of Gardner-Webb University;
- Conduct regular meetings of the Enrollment Management staff;
- Serve as an advocate for the University in the community and with local and state leaders;
- Work closely with the deans, directors, and chairs President on their recruitment activities;
- Any other duties as assigned by the President.
Gardner-Webb University (gardner-webb.edu) is a coeducational, residential, private Christian institution, located in Boiling Springs, North Carolina with easy access to Charlotte, Asheville, and Greenville-Spartanburg. The University offers 60+ undergraduate and graduate degree programs to approximately 3,500 students. GWU is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral/Professional University. In 2020, Gardner-Webb was home to students from 89 counties in North Carolina, 40 US states, and 20 foreign countries. GWU is a NCAA Division I institution with 22 athletic teams and more than 500 student-athletes.
Founded by North Carolina Baptists in 1905, Gardner-Webb University employs individuals who share and support Christian values. Salary and benefits are competitive with institutions of similar size and purpose.
Candidates should send application information and must include a letter of interest addressing qualifications, curriculum vitae, and the names and full contact information of three (3) references to: Mrs. Stephanie Stearns at email@example.com. The subject line should read: VP for Enrollment Management position.
Review of complete employment applications will begin as soon as they are received. Applicants should apply by September 30, 2020. Position will remain open until filled.
Apply for Vice President for Enrollment Management
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly