Program Coordinator- Underclassman/ Upward Bound Program
Program Coordinator- Underclassman/ Upward Bound Program
California State University, San Bernardino
Overview Employment Status: Temporary, “non-exempt”, benefited position through May 31, 2021 (upon availability of funding, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Salary Range: $3,275.00 - $4,150.00 per month
Work Schedule: Non-Exempt. To be arranged. Incumbent must be able to participate in remote or on campus work depending on the directives from the CSUSB campus.
Position Overview: Under the general supervision of the Director of the Upward Bound Program, the Coordinator - Underclassmen (9th-10th Grade Participants) will work independently and in conjunction with program staff to provide program participants with required and permissible services.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
Support the Director in the administration, implementation, coordination and delivery of all program activities and services including but not limited to: Saturday University, Academic Academy (academic tutoring), Summer University
- College readiness activities/services, advice and assistance in secondary school course selection; assistance in preparing for college entrance examinations and completing college admission applications.
- Information on the full range of federal student financial aid programs and scholarships; and assistance in completing financial aid applications including FAFSA.
- Plan, Coordinate and implement the outreach, recruitment, identification and verification of eligible target high school participants.
- Coordinate, plan, develop curriculum and implement, Saturday University for assigned cohort of students to complete secondary or postsecondary courses, which may include instruction in reading, writing, study skills, mathematics, science, and other subjects.
- Coordinate and implement the advising and coaching services to assigned student cohort including but not limited to, assess student needs for program services.
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate assigned target high school participants' academic plans.
- Assess and monitor rigorous secondary school program of study (A-G Requirements) for assigned target high school participants; Provide academic guidance, career and personal planning to assigned target high school participants.
- Support and assist participants in completing postsecondary admissions and financial aid applications.
- Provide assigned target high school participants with information and guidance on financial and economic literacy.
- Advice and assist assigned target high school participants with high school graduation requirements, college financial aid requirements and college admissions.
- Develop and facilitate the career development, self-development and college placement classes and/or workshops for assigned target high school participants.
- Develop, modify and implement college readiness curriculum for assigned student cohort.
- Assist with collecting and entry of data for the Annual Performance Report, including collection, accuracy and verification of participants' academic data.
- Plan, develop and coordinate relevant campus visits, cultural enrichment opportunities, social and recreational activities for assigned cohort.
- Act as liaison between program target schools to ensure clear and concise communication.
- Encourage the intellectual and personal development of program participants.
- Participate in the planning, coordination, and execution of Academic Academy (tutoring component), Summer University and Saturday University activities (including the recommendation of academic courses, instructors, materials, and content).
- Maintain student records in compliance with the U.S. Department of Education Guidelines.
- Provide general supervision, coaching and guidance and assist in the completion of performance evaluations for Student Assistants, part time staff, volunteers and/or interns.
- Attend appropriate TRIO conferences and/or professional development trainings as required.
- Develop, plan, coordinate and implement other program related projects as assigned.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree and have a minimum of two years of professional experience.
- The candidate is required to have knowledge of the A-G requirements, requirements for high school graduation and a general understanding of the postsecondary admissions and financial aid processes and criteria.
- Applicants must have experience with recruiting students, records management/training, preparing/facilitating workshops/seminars, coordinating and implementing student services, working with parents and serving as a liaison with target schools.
- Applicants must have strong organizational, management, leadership, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Applicants must possess the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information, along with the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people, exercise sound judgement, determine priorities, complete assigned projects in a timely manner and work well under tight deadlines.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates that have received TRIO-specific training, such as the trainings sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates who have succeeded in overcoming barriers similar to those confronting the project's target population and/or have experience working in similar educational equity programs.
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. This position will remain open until filled. This is a sensitive position and selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check and Live Scan fingerprinting prior to appointment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement
- CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation
- Unemployment Insurance
- State Disability Insurance
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu