Business Intelligence Analyst
At LSSC your success is our mission.
We value People. Our employees are empowered to take actions that positively impact our students and each other. We value Diversity. By embracing and celebrating our differences, we offer an inclusive and supportive work culture. We value Forward Thinking. By encouraging innovation and a collaboration, we foster a creative learning environment for students and staff. If you are looking for a place with ample opportunity to grow in your career, consider LSSC.
We invite candidates to apply for the Business Intelligence Analyst position. Using the Ellucian-Banner Software, Oracle PL/SQL, MS/SQL, SharePoint and a variety of other computer tools, the Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for developing, implementing and managing the data and assessment information system for the college.
Responsible for demonstrating LSSC’s values of learning, people, student success, forward thinking, excellence, accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound management practices.
PRINCIPLES DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Design, build, or oversee efforts in building reporting,
dashboard systems, cubes, OLAP reporting, SharePoint and Microsoft
Power BI integration.
Create the necessary analysis tools to facilitate data analysis and data mining performed by designated staff in the organization. Apply appropriate statistical and analysis tools to organizational data and make meaningful interpretations, providing analysis of data to relevant staff teams.
2. Coordinate dissemination of student & institutional performance information to all departments within the College. Ensures data information is universal and accessible.
Coordinates monthly BI Core meetings as well as quarterly BI Advisory Group meetings.
Maintains monthly newsletter ensuring continuity to College of all recent news, upgrades and changes within the system.
3. Design, develop, implement, and supervise processes in order to acquire, process, and load data from the ERP Oracle system, and a variety of other resources, including Starfish, Canvas and DegreeWorks.
4. Act as a Liaison to the Pulse BI Consortium. Customize Consortium software to LSSC standards. Secure access to the BI system in accordance with the LSSC security officer.
5. Consults with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
Works with user departments to resolve specific problems or make changes in programs. Identify end-user education and training needs, and develop plan.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's degree from an
EXPERIENCE: Required: Minimum of three (3) years’ experience with computer programming and logic skills, including MDX, Visual Studio, Excel Services and SQL programming in an Oracle/Microsoft environment. Experience in ERP systems specifically Ellucian-Banner, and third-party applications such as Canvas, Starfish and SharePoint.
Preferred: Experience working with statistical analysis software (i.e. SAS, SPSS).
CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES: Certification in Oracle and Microsoft SQL (T-SQL) a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Ability to test and debug computer programs.
- Ability to review and analyze systems specifications to determine whether all required elements have been included.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments through prioritization and time management, and effectively documenting and communicating status of projects and issues to management and Information Technology personnel.
- Ability to exercise critical human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with the College community.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
More searches like this
- Administrative Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Haines Creek
- Business & Administrative Affairs Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Haines Creek
- Technology Administration/Other Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Haines Creek