Director of Financial Aid
University of Arkansas at Monticello
Financial Aid Office
Director of Financial Aid
The University of Arkansas at Monticello (UAM) (www.uamont.edu) invites applicants for a 12-month non-classified Director of Financial Aid position.
The Director of Financial Aid will serve as the primary person responsible for all Financial Aid Office operations. The Director develops and oversees financial aid packaging, counseling, and delivery operations, steering the program through and ensuring compliance with Title IV Federal Financial Aid Regulations. The Director ensures timely and accurate dissemination of information to the campus community including students, staff, administration, and faculty. In coordination with the Vice-Chancellor for Finance and Administration and other campus colleagues, the Director sets strategy, develops tactics, and aligns with best practices aimed at delivering top-notch financial services to students. Some travel is required. Occasional evening and weekend work will be necessary. The position reports directly to the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration (VCFA) and will perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of all applicable Title IV Federal Financial Aid Regulations, State Aid and University scholarship programs.
- Keep up to date on financial aid policies and procedures, including the various changes that can and do impact them. Inform campus leaders of changes that warrant their timely attention.
- Provide leadership in the preparation and timely submission of University, State, Federal and accreditation reports such as: IPEDS-Financial Aid Reporting, the FISAP, Federal Pell Grant and Direct Loan reconciliation, and the Arkansas Department of Higher Education All Aid Report to ensure campus compliance.
- Supervise, train and evaluate all Financial Aid staff
- Serve as liaison to state and federal funding agencies
- Participate in professional development to ensure the Financial Aid Office is in line with industry best practice and innovation.
- Advise, implement, and assess the financial aid packaging and
- In consultation with the VCFA and appropriate outside consultants, formulate the need analysis and packaging strategies for all students
- Monitor and report on the distribution of financial aid
- Ensure prompt and accurate response to students concerns related to financial aid awards and eligibility, making professional judgments as needed
- Chair the Financial Aid Appeal Committee and serve as a standing member of other campus committees
- Assist with development and monitor financial aid budget
- Manage electronic systems related to financial aid functions, including working with the IT Department to test and implement all procedures in a timely manner
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess a baccalaureate degree (required), preferably with a major in general business, accounting, or related field, plus a minimum of three to five years of experience in student financial aid and/or related higher education area. The successful candidate will embrace UAM's Vision, Mission, and Core Values. Leadership experience in a college or university environment, and demonstrated knowledge of the PeopleSoft student information system is preferred. The ability to collaborate effectively with University departments and administrators, and a proven record in working successfully with diverse populations is desired. Other key responsibilities and duties include:
- A comprehensive knowledge of federal financial aid regulations and the ability to read, interpret, and adhere to Federal Regulations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong managerial and supervisory experiences and skills
- Ability to think strategically, from a student-centered philosophy
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience including excellent fringe benefits.
Application Process: Please complete the UAM application form accessible at http://uam-web2.uamont.edu/pdfs/FinAdmin/EmploymentApplication.pdf . Send the completed application along with a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts to Sage Loyd, Project Manager, P.O. Box 3597, Monticello, AR 71656; or Fax 870/460-1922; or E-mail: email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. UAM is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is subject to FOI requests.