The Office of Academic Affairs, Office of the Registrar has an opportunity for an Associate Registrar (Director, Records & Registration). The Associate Registrar has primary responsibility for student registration and records.This position provides direction and leadership for the Office of the Registrar, including management and maintenance of academic records; transcript production; enrollment verification, residency determination; and diploma production and distribution.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
Hires, supervises, and evaluates the Office of the Registrar Staff.
Oversees the processes and functions of the Office of the Registrar: transcript production, enrollment verification, residency classification for admission and tuition purposes, certification of degrees for graduates.
Supervises the coordination, evaluation and certification of all graduation applications, while supporting the graduation process to include elements of the rehearsal and ceremony, diploma production and distribution.
Manages student records in compliance with FERPA and other policies related to student records privacy and confidentiality.
Ensures that the functions and services of the Office are integrated effectively and efficiently through the implementation of existing student systems applications and technology.
Works closely with the Registrar and Center for Information Technology Services (CITS) to maintain and enhance the functionality of the Student Information Management System (SIMS) and other student/staff systems functionality and data integrity. Participates in the planning, implementation and testing of SIMS upgrades ad enhancements.
Manages the records and retention schedule for the office.
Researches, analyzes, and resolves student disputes as they relate to records and registration.
Works with the University Registrar to develop the departmental budget. Responsible for administering the department budget.
Develops and administers the departmental budget.
Serves as ex-officio member of the Campus Residency Review Committee.
Serves as Campus Review Officer for residency determination.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field, Student Services or Educational Administration preferred. Master’s degree and additional certification is preferred and can be used to substitute for relevant experience.
Experience: Seven (7) to ten (10) years in higher education administration, preferably in an Office of the Registrar. At least five (5) years of direct experience in a Student Information Management System such as Banner by Ellucian is preferred; a proven record in working successfully with diverse populations preferred. Knowledge of the USM policy on the classification of students for admission and tuition purposes.
Supervisory: Three (3) to five (5) years of experience at a management/leadership level.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of technology to deliver Records and Registration services.
- A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with college departments and cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and customer service satisfaction skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, assign tasks, and meet established goals and objectives.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Human Resource Services at 410-706-2606, Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore