Instructor of English
Job Title Instructor of English Rank Instructor Classification Title Term Position Summary
One year full-term instructor of 1000-level English classes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Teaching up to 30 credits during the academic year, primarily ENGL 1060, 1110, and 1120.
Attend composition meetings and department meetings
Advise and mentor undergraduate students
Attend meetings/training during Faculty Development Week
Hold 5 office hours/week
Assist with undergraduate English Program outcomes assessment, extracurricular events
Other duties may be assigned.
M.A. in English
Recently completed M.A. in English from NMHU
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of and experience in teaching NMHU English Composition classes.
Work Location Las Vegas, NM Campus
Posting Number F191P Posting Open Date 08/01/2020 Posting Close Date 08/12/2020 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application must include 1) Letter of Application, and 2) Curriculum Vitae. Online application must include names, phone numbers, and e‐mail addresses of three (3) professional references. References will be contacted in conjunction with an on-campus interview (via Zoom) and official transcripts should be requested upon acceptance of the on-campus interview (via Zoom). For more detailed information regarding the position you may contact: Dr. Lauren Fath at email@example.com. For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or TDD 505-454-3003. New Mexico Highlands University is an EEO Employer.
Quick Link http://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/6018 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Are you a current employee of the university?
- How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas