Affiliate Artist/Adjunct - Music - (ADJ000396)
The Moores School of Music within the Kathrine G. McGovern College of the Arts of the University of Houston offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees in performance, performance and pedagogy, conducting, music education, musicology and music theory. The Moores School also offers courses and performance opportunities to the campus at large. These programs and initiatives incorporate applied instruction, ensemble performance, and coursework in music history, music theory, aural skills, music technology, research, pedagogy, and conducting.
Applications for adjunct teaching positions in all these areas are accepted and reviewed on a continuous basis by the Director and the division heads.
Adjunct faculty are expected to:
- Employ a variety of pedagogical strategies
- Maintain course-specific records
- Evaluate student work in a timely manner
- Provide students with quality feedback as to their advancement toward meeting student learning objectives
- Be available for individual student conferences
Applications must include:
- a CV
- unofficial transcripts
- the names and contact information of three references
- a cover letter that describes your interest in the position and your qualifications for it
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To be considered for an adjunct position in the Moores School of Music, the following requirements must be met:
- Hold a master's or doctoral degree from an accredited college or university;
- Demonstrate a history of successful administrative or faculty experience in the discipline;
- Demonstrate competence in assigned course content area(s);
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
In addition, faculty in the Moores School of Music are expected to exhibit the following core values. Qualified candidates will be:
- dedicated to excellence in the arts
- focused on student success
- team players who are willing to work across disciplines
- problem solvers
- models of integrity and collegiality with a commitment to diversity
- passionate, energetic, and tenacious
Notes to Applicant: This is a part-time position for the Fall 2020 semester only. Official transcripts are required for a faculty appointment and will be requested upon selection of the final candidate. All positions at the University of Houston are security sensitive and will require a criminal history check.