Assistant Professor of Operations Management
The College of Business at Oregon State University in Corvallis, OR invites applicants for an anticipated full time (1.0 FTE), nine-month, tenure-track position in Operations /Supply Chain Management at the rank of Assistant Professor with a targeted start date of January 2021.
The College of Business is committed to maintaining and enhancing its diverse, collaborative and inclusive community that strives for equity and equality of opportunity. All faculty members are responsible for helping to ensure that these goals are achieved.
Primary teaching responsibilities include delivering undergraduate and graduate courses in Operations/Supply Chain Management. COB academic faculty teaching assignments may include course delivery in any format (i.e., in-person, online, hybrid). Scholarly activities are expected to result in leading peer-reviewed journal publications. Faculty are expected to establish a program of research/scholarship that leads to timely promotion in rank and the granting of indefinite tenure, with evidence for potential research and scholarly publication. Moreover, faculty are expected to engage in appropriate service activities both within the college, the university and their profession.
The College of Business is committed to maintaining and enhancing its diverse, collaborative community that strives for equity and inclusivity. All faculty and staff members are responsible for helping to ensure that these goals are achieved, and faculty should be able to demonstrate contributions to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Such contributions can be part of teaching, advising, research, extension, and/or service. The contributions can be, but do not have to be, part of scholarly work. Outputs and impacts of these efforts to promote equity, inclusion, and diversity should be included in promotion and tenure dossiers.
- Primary teaching duties include undergraduate and graduate courses in Operations and Supply Chain Management.
- Demonstrated through the dissemination of research results, including but not limited to, peer refereed scholarly journals.
- Other contributions may be considered.
- Engaging in appropriate activities both within the College, the University and their profession, and contributing to the College and University strategic initiatives.
- A Ph.D. or DBA in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Analytics or related fields from an AACSB International, EQUIS accredited university or equivalent by the start of the appointment. ABD candidates may be considered; however, the terminal degree must be completed within 6 months of start date.
- Evidence or potential for empirically-grounded scholarly research and publication in the areas of Operations/Supply Chain Management.
- Demonstrated ability to teach in a classroom and/or online setting at the University level.
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- Experience or interest in teaching subjects related to Service Operations Management.
- Demonstrated research interests in production/service operations, sustainability, and supply chain management in industry sectors such as high-tech manufacturing, e-commerce, food systems, healthcare, and apparel and sportswear.
- Evidence of ability to work with industry partners and advisory boards on developing experiential learning/student/research projects and connecting with the business community.
Applications must be submitted using the university’s on-line application portal located at https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/93417 and received by 9/15/20 for full consideration. Applications will continue to be evaluated until the position is filled.
Candidates should submit a (1) letter of interest that clearly indicates interest in the Operations /Supply Chain Management position, (2) resume/vita including names and contact info for a minimum of three professional references, (3) summary information of courses taught and student evaluations of teaching, (4) brief statement that describes research and teaching interests including teaching philosophy, and (5) Diversity & Inclusion Statement: up to one-page outlining how your experience, education, and/or training could contribute to an equitable, inclusive, and diverse College of Business community. OSU is an AA/EOE/Veterans/Disabled.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Corvallis
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Corvallis
- Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Corvallis
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Corvallis
- Curriculum & Instruction Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Corvallis