Assistant Director of Facilities
Assistant Director of Facilities
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Facilities. The Department of Residential Life & Housing (RLH) at Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to providing a safe and secure living and learning environment that encourages the pursuit of academic success, cultivates an appreciation for diversity, contributes to personal growth, and fosters responsibility to the community.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
Virginia Commonwealth University is a premier urban, public research university focused on academic success. Established in 1838 and located on 144 acres in downtown Richmond, VA, we currently enroll approximately 31,288 students. VCU takes pride in its nationally ranked academic programs and academic medical center, research and scholarly productivity, and engagement with the communities it serves and changes.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
The Assistant Director of Facilities Provides day-to-day management of residence halls including, but not limited to: serving as the main contact for all facilities and housekeeping issues, fire/safety drills and checks, and student and parent concerns.
- Provides leadership and supervision for Facilities Coordinators regarding daily as well as long- term operations.
- Oversees daily administration of housing vendor contracts, managed by the Facility Coordinators.
- Works daily with Facilities Management and contractors to provide efficient and effective maintenance and Custodial services in the residence halls.
- Demonstrated ability in the integrated logistical planning of facilities-related
- Skills in planning and coordination of complex assignments and projects across multiple organizational
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituents both orally and in writing, including the delivery of presentations.
- Proficiency in Office software to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to supervise and work effectively with professional and nonprofessional personnel.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
Bachelor’s degree in business management, hotel/restaurant management, or related field.
- Experience working in a diverse collegiate setting.
- Experience working in a residence hall setting.
- Master’s Degree Preferred.
COMPENSATION & ANTICIPATED START DATE: $55,000.00 and a competitive benefits package. The anticipated start date is September 25, 2020.
Please visit to apply https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/99907 For additional information please contact Shonda Pulley at (804) 828-7666 or visit our website http://www.housing.vcu.edu The position will be open until filled. Only electronic applications submitted through https://www.vcujobs.com will be accepted.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, Affirmative Action University providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Residence Life Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Richmond