Research Technician III
The Research Technician will perform extensive handling of mice, including breeding, genotyping, exercise testing, and metabolic studies, as well as some analytical work on collected specimens using biochemical, molecular biology, and histological techniques. Superior organization and record keeping skills are essential. Successful candidates will have excellent interpersonal skills, and will be self-motivated, reliable, efficient, methodical, and show attention to detail. The candidate needs to be able to work independently and follow both oral and written instructions.
- Extensive management and handling of mice including: breeding, genotyping, dietary manipulations, in vivo measurement of muscle function, exercise testing, metabolic testing, and specimen collection.
- Lab bench analytical work using molecular and protein chemistry techniques, including work with radioactive and stable isotopes. Knowledge and experience with HPLC and/or mass spectrometry is a plus.
- Careful, precise, accurate, and detailed documentation of experiments and collected data and its analysis. This requires a working knowledge of spreadsheets, some statistics, and word processing skills.
- Conduct literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format as needed.
- Plan and schedule of various tasks, as well as co-ordinating procedures with collaborators and other lab members.
- Ensure necessary supplies are ordered and available when they are needed.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: One year of relevant experience.
- Preferred: Master's degree in a basic biological science.
- Bachelor's degree and work experience in a basic biological science.
- One year of experience working in a lab and first hand familiarity with research procedures using mice.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston