Postdoctoral Associates are trainees working in an apprenticeship mode in preparation for a career as a scientific professional.
The postdoctoral fellow will develop new transgenic mouse approaches to studying the development and regeneration of the mouse inner ear and characterize its molecular profile using single cell RNA-seq, ATC-seq and ChIP-seq. The fellow will also maintain and analyze a colony of conditional knockin mice to reprogram inner ear cells using transcription factors to promote regeneration. Skills include mouse genetics, molecular biology, histology, cell culture and FACs analysis and sorting.
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- May establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- May be responsible for laboratory operations.
- May supervise research staff.
- Education Required: MD or Ph.D in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston