Medical Assistant II - Advanced Endoscopy
The section of Gastroenterology & Hepatology is looking to recruit an MAII to be a part of the Advanced Endoscopy group. This person will serve as a patient navigator, which includes MAII responsibilities (performing routine patient care i.e. rooming/vitals), but additionally navigation through BSLMC team (scheduling advanced procedures and pre-procedure steps).
Competent level Medical Assistant who is proficient in delivering patient care in the ambulatory care setting. Performs patient care responsibilities and provides clerical/administrative support in a clinical setting. Provides guidance to entry level Medical Assistants.
Serve as Medical Assistant, including, but not limited to:
- Perform routine patient care responsibilities ex. rooming and vital signs
- Note the primary complaint/reason for visit
- Collect patient histories and enter medications into medical record
- Maintain patient and services rooms in a neat and orderly condition.
- Fulfill clerical responsibilities as assigned, which may include: scan patient medical records; obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information; completing forms/requisitions as needed.
Schedule advanced endoscopy and general GI procedures, assuring that every referred patient will have a procedure date scheduled within:
- 7 to 10 days for routine referrals
- 3 days from the referral for semi-urgent cases
- Urgent referrals will be done in the same day or next day, with physician approval 3- Coordinate the pre-procedure care including:
a. Triggering preauthorization for required procedure
b. Contact patients for instruction before the procedures
c. Requesting additional information from referring physicians if needed
d. Review patients’ medications list and identify any medications which require attention or medications need to be stopped before procedure
e. Identify patients who may need a clinic visit prior to the procedures.
- Education Required: High school diploma or GED and completion of a Medical Assistant Training program through an accredited institution.
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required: Current certification as a Medical Assistant through an accredited professional organization (AAMA, AMT, ARMA, NCCT, NAHP, NHA, NAHP, AMCA, or NRMA).
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.