DXL Digital Marketing Coordinator
The Office of Digital & Extended Learning (DXL) at Dixie State University (DSU) is searching for a team-oriented, on-site Digital Marketing Coordinator. Under the direction of the Executive Director, this position will collaborate with the University Marketing & Communication area to develop and drive comprehensive marketing and promotion strategies that advance the strategic goals and objectives of digital and extended learning at the University.
The Office of Digital & Extended Learning, located in the Atwood Innovation Plaza, extends learning beyond traditional boundaries for those seeking a degree or professional advancement. We work closely with campus and community partners to advance, educate, promote and direct digital learning offerings and services on campus, and beyond. Information about the department can be found online at https://dxl.dixie.edu .
- Produce written communication and layout for a variety of mediums.
- Conduct strategic market research.
- Work collaboratively with various stakeholders to develop, execute and manage comprehensive and measurable program promotion plans.
- Create graphic design work for a variety of digital platforms.
- Craft engaging content that can be used across channels.
- Assist with website maintenance to ensure the office is providing prospective students with timely, accurate and actionable information. Accountable for ensuring technical accuracy and understandability of web content.
- Maintain branding across all programs, campaigns and projects. Follow and help to support UMAC policy, style guides, and standards in all marketing material.
- Identify opportunities for marketing personalization and suggest strategies to leverage personalization in email and website content.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Communication Studies, Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, or closely related field required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in marketing or communications required; experience in marketing to adult learners in higher education preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of writing clear, concise marketing messages for email and web. Ability to harness analytic insights to create personalized messages that drive intended behavior and keep with management directives and client objectives.
- Knowledge and skills querying data repositories and structured data sources (i.e. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Department of Workforce Services, EAB, Burning Glass, etc.).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) to create design layouts for print and digital communications, flyers, postcards, resource materials, landing pages, and other special projects.
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM.
- Exceptional interpersonal, writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Thorough skills to develop and implement original ideas and correctly identify and effectively solve problems.
- Strong attention to detail and exhibits a high degree of ownership and accountability.
- Ability to think creatively and independently to develop innovative approaches and communications strategy.
- Knowledge of social media and web content management systems (Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, WordPress, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to exercise effective interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining working relationships with the university community.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of $44,000+ depending on qualifications & experience. Desired start date of September/October 2020. Excellent benefits package included (see https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details).
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins August 24, 2020; position open until filled. Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to providing students with an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles) with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State currently has approximately 12,000 students and has been a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education over the last several years. We offer over 210 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - firstname.lastname@example.org , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - email@example.com , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Digital Media Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George