Head Coach - Women's Soccer
Head Coach - Women's Soccer
Benedictine University is an inclusive academic community, inspired by the Catholic intellectual tradition and Benedictine values. We seek employees who will contribute to the advancement of our mission by helping students shape lives of meaning and purpose as engaged citizens who care for the Earth, welcome people of diverse faiths and cultures, and promote the common good.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Title: Head Coach – Women’s Soccer
Department: Department of Athletics
Reports to: Director of Athletics
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the development, conduct and overall supervision of the Women’s Soccer Program.
1. Develop a detailed recruitment plan that will allow the program to be in a position of competitive leadership in the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC). Inform prospects of University academic programs, talent evaluation, coordinating mailings, telephone calls, and email exchanges. Actively monitoring the complete recruitment process, on campus and off campus through in person contacts. Work effectively with the Director of Athletics and Office of Enrollment Services to satisfy roster size, recruitment and retention outcomes.
2. Foster an atmosphere of competitive leadership in the Northern Athletic Conference through sport specific athlete development. Attend, plan, develop, and direct all team training and conditioning activities in the traditional and nontraditional segment.
3. Assist with the retention of student athletes through social and academic counseling; interaction with University retention team and coaching staff. Retention of student-athletes, along with support of Student Athlete Services, by effectively coordinating and communicating attendance to all SOAR and department sponsored events.
4. Create a culture of excellence throughout the student athlete experience. Develop a culture of trust through mentorship and social development. Communicate expectations, praise and corrective feedback in a clear and constructive manner. Maintain positive student athlete assessments for program from student athletes.
5. Responsible for planning, development and direction of operating and fundraising budget within University and departmental procedures. Attendance at specified department fundraising events. Assist in the planning of team specific alumni events, as well as developing new opportunities through alumni networks. Work effectively with the Director of Athletics to satisfy philanthropic and revenue generation outcomes.
1. Responsible for adherence to all NCAA, Northern Athletics (NACC) and institutional rules and regulations, including eligibility and compliance of student athletes, medical hardship documentation and extension waivers.
2. Responsible for identifying and notifying student athletes of eligibility status through approved communication.
3. Adherence to all Benedictine University and Department of Athletics policies and procedures. Work independently and creatively within established guidelines, while at the same time functioning as a member of a team.
4. Attend departmental and University related meetings and events.
5. Maintain self control and poise; provide an example of sportsmanlike conduct for team members, officials, opponents and spectators.
6. Work in coordination with University offices and departments to coordinate and facilitate Program needs, serve on University, conference and national committees as needed.
7. Maintain high level of organization and ability to manage multiple tasks.
8. Maintain positive relationships with alumni, parents, students, officials, volunteers and fans.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
Previous collegiate coaching preferred.
Knowledge of NCAA Division III philosophy, recruitment, rules and regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications:
Organizational skills, writing and typing skills, interpersonal skills, data entry and budget management skills and demonstrated supervisory skills.
Valid driver’s license; CPR/First Aid/ AED certification
Supervisory Responsibility (if applicable):
Oversee assistant coaching staff.
Office environment. Nights and weekends required. Some Travel.
Ability to handle varying levels of stress while maintaining professional demeanor. Possible lifting, bending, walking, kneeling, stretching, and stooping. Frequent district wide and statewide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours; outdoor exposure to sun/heat or cold weather.
Ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand. Understand the speech of another person.
See details of objects that are less than a few feet away or are more than a few feet away. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. General Customer service and office environment.
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The laws applicable to Benedictine University include constitutional and statutory protections of the University's rights as a religiously sponsored institution. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all employment and personnel practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, training and compensation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Athletics Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle