Associate Dean of Faculty and Academic Affairs
George Mason University Korea seeks an Associate Dean of Faculty and Academic Affairs (ADFAA) starting in February 2021 at the Mason Korea campus in Incheon, Korea. The ADFAA will lead and oversee the academic operations for this growing international branch campus of George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia. Working in collaboration with academic contacts in Fairfax, the ADFAA will report to the Campus Dean of George Mason University Korea. The ADFAA leads and is supported by a Director of Academic Affairs and by experienced staff in Mason Korea’s Office of Faculty Affairs, its Office of Academic Affairs and its Academic Resource Center. The individual hired for this position will be an employee of Mason Korea, LLC in Songdo, Incheon.
The ADFAA serves as part of the Mason Korea leadership team and contributes to strategic planning and high-level decision-making for Mason Korea. Areas of oversight include faculty hiring and professional development, academic program development and management, student retention and success, student academic support services, and assessment and accreditation. The ADFAA supports individual faculty research and Mason Korea’s two research centers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent judgment and decision-making, entrepreneurial thinking, strong skills in collaborative leadership and the ability to work with multiple constituencies including students, parents, faculty, and staff. Candidates who are available for a three-year commitment starting Spring semester, from February 2021, are preferred.
- Ph.D. in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and research
- 5+ years working in an academic unit or within academic affairs
- Demonstration of strategic vision for role of Faculty and Academic Affairs in the long-term development of the campus
- Experience working on teams to achieve institutional goals
- Experience in supporting professional development of faculty
- Experience and success supervising professional staff
- Experience creating or managing programs to improve academic advising, student retention, and/or student success
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Cross-cultural experience and sensitivity
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Understanding of the complexity of operating an international campus with strong linkages to a US-based institution
- Experience in the pursuit and management of external research funds
- Experience with faculty evaluation
- Participation in institutional strategic planning and the forwarding of multi-year strategic plans
To apply, submit the following documents via our hiring site:
- A cover letter
- Current resume
- At least three references with full contact information. References will not be contacted without consent from applicants.
Review of materials will begin September 14 and continue until the position is filled.
About George Mason Korea
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. It is among the 115 or so top “R1” ranked research universities in the US and in the top 200 of the Shanghai World Ranking of Universities. A public university located in Fairfax Virginia, George Mason is the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs.
George Mason, Korea, is George Mason’s international branch campus in Songdo, South Korea. Mason Korea was established as part of George Mason University’s commitment to education on a global scale and its belief in the power of international perspective and connection. Mason Korea is located on the Incheon Global Campus (IGC), which it shares with three other international branch campuses. Mason Korea students, staff, and faculty have access to modern facilities and resources on the IGC for a terrific living and work environment. Songdo, South Korea is a modern “smart” city designed from the start with large parks, plentiful walking and bike paths, and excellent public transportation. Songdo is convenient to Korea’s Incheon International Airport—around a half hour by car—as well as to the capital city of Seoul—around an hour by car.
Further information on Mason Korea can be found at masonkorea.gmu.edu.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea
- Academic Affairs Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea
- Academic Administration Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea
- Faculty Affairs Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea
- Deans Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea