Assistant Vice President for Development
Concordia University Chicago (CUC) invites applications for the full-time, exempt position of Assistant Vice President for Development. This position is located in River Forest, IL and reports to the CUC Foundation President & CEO.
This position works collaboratively with the Foundation President & CEO and University Leadership to visualize, design and implement strategic plans to increase private support of Concordia University Chicago (CUC). The AVP will provide support to the Foundation CEO's fundraising activities, and leadership and guidance to the principal fundraising directors and units of the Foundation including: major and special gifts, corporate and foundation gifts, planned giving, annual giving, gift officer(s), and Foundation Operations (Operations, donor relations, donor management and prospect research). A strong leader, the candidate will be passionate about higher education, believe in the mission and values of CUC, and be a strategic thinker with a proven track record of identifying potential investors, following through, and nurturing Foundation staff and volunteers. The AVP will be a key leader in both Foundation and CUC strategic planning processes, and maintain a portfolio of 50 donors/prospects capable of minimum $250K. Some evening and weekend activities are required, and travel is involved.
The AVP will provide support for activities of the Foundation Board of Directors, and assist with recruiting and supporting new members. Demonstrated experience with developing and implementing major gift campaigns is required.
- Strong administrative skills
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Enthusiastic supporter of Lutheran higher education and Concordia University Chicago
- Demonstrated competence working with CEOs and decision makers to help move organizations to higher fundraising levels
- Exceptional listening skills and considered a relationship developer
- Working knowledge of Chicago-area philanthropists and businesses
- Keen empathy and desire for helping others
- Proven background managing people with higher net wealth, including individuals, foundations and corporations
- Proactive team player with positive attitude, strong verbal and written communication skills and problem resolution skills
- Knowledge of all types of planned giving vehicles, DAFs and IRAs, IRS laws
- High standard of personal discretion, ethical conduct, integrity, accountability.
- Ideally a member of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod and/or a strong history of working with LCMS members and leaders.
Minimum Experience Required:
At least ten (10) years of development experience, three (3) or more years at the executive levels with additional supervisory experience of at least five (5) full-time directors and support staff
Bachelor’s degree in non-profit related discipline required; Master’s degree and CFRE preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting range is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia health, disability and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees and their eligible dependents. Tuition benefits are also available for employees and their qualified dependents.
Interested individuals should include a cover letter, resume and references with their online application.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. As an institution of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, however, and to the extent allowed by law, Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religious affiliation.
Concordia University Chicago does not generally sponsor for employment visas except for positions that oversee, teach or support our international programs.
About Concordia University Chicago:
Concordia University Chicago is a liberal arts-based Christian university founded in the Lutheran tradition. Through its College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, College of Education, College of Graduate Studies, and College of Innovative and Professional Programs, Concordia-Chicago offers more than 160 areas of study in small classes taught by professors who are passionate about teaching and student success. All undergraduate and graduate degrees are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia University Chicago has been recognized as a College of Distinction since 2010, and in 2013 was named to the U.S. President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the fifth time. For the sixth consecutive year, combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment has exceeded more than 5,000 students. Concordia University Chicago is located in River Forest, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Learn more at CUChicago.edu.
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in River Forest
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in River Forest
- Development & Advancement Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in River Forest
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in River Forest