College of Education and Social Work
The Dean of the College of Education and Social Work invites applications for the position of Associate Dean. This is a full-time management position with tenure rights. The Associate Dean reports to the Dean. Start date negotiable – January or July 2021.
The Associate Dean will provide leadership in maintaining a long-standing record of professional and state accreditation, program assessment, curriculum development, candidate services, instructional activities, and partnerships with the College. The successful candidate will assist the Dean in developing innovative, dynamic programs that prepare professionals for vital roles in social work, a variety of counseling settings, and K-12 school environments.
- Provide leadership and oversight for clinical experiences across the College, as well as the Office of Clinical Experiences and Candidate Services;
- Provide leadership and oversight for professional reaffirmations and accreditations, as well as the Office of Assessment and Accreditation;
- Provide leadership and oversight for curriculum approvals within the College;
- Manage academic and non-academic student-related issues, including clearances and dispositional concerns;
- Establish and maintain constructive partnerships with College stakeholders;
- Serve on committees in the College of Education and Social Work as well as other professional and university committees as needed;
- Assist the Dean in providing leadership, support, and presence at the Philadelphia location and Graduate Center, including but not limited to maintaining adequate resources for faculty who use the Philadelphia location and the Graduate Center as their primary worksite (offices, phones, voicemail, parking, security, storage) and maintaining adequate student resources (classroom space, services);
- Represent the College at events and activities when the Dean is unavailable; and
- Assume responsibilities and perform other duties as assigned by the Dean.
- An earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution in a discipline appropriate to the College of Education and Social Work;
- Earned tenure (rank of Associate Professor or higher) at a regionally accredited institution with a strong academic background in teaching, research, service, and scholarship in a discipline appropriate to the College (i.e., counseling, education, or social work);
- Experience with specialized accreditation processes (i.e., CACREP, CAEP, CSWE) and program assessment;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; and
- Experience and/or skills to fulfill the job duties including strong leadership, supporting faculty development, dispositions, management, problem-solving, communication, and organization skills.
West Chester University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For further information about West Chester University of Pennsylvania, visit http://www.wcupa.edu; for further information about the College of Education and Social Work at WCUPA, visit https://www.wcupa.edu/education-socialWork.
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit a letter of interest and experiences connected with the duties of the position, along with a recent CV to WCU CAREER OPPORTUNITIES Review of applications will be Sept 1, 2020 and continue until position is filled.