Tissue Engineer I
The Tissue Engineer I performs procedures to include processing, cryopreservation, storage, thawing and disposition of stem cell products and other tissues under rigorous current good manufacturing practices and good tissue practices for use in both the pediatric and adult clinical settings as well as performance of special procedures for use in traditional, new, and experimental therapeutic processes.
- Perform all approved routine and special procedures on stem cell products for transplantation in both the pediatric and adult patient population.
- Prepare cell processing and / or administration documentation to ensure all applicable documents are available, correct and in place prior to product processing and/or transplantation.
- Perform equipment and reagent qualification and maintenance procedures to ensure compliance with manufacturer and regulatory standards for appropriate use.
- Participate in the generation, validation, revision and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Communicate with transplant physicians and all other support staff on stem cell product specifications including abnormal findings as appropriate.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston