Workforce Skills Instructor, Patient Care CTE-CE
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Qualities of Excellence
As faculty members of Lone Star College, we strive to create a nation of world citizenry in our students. In that pursuit, we model ways of thinking and being that incorporate diversity, equality, and equity. Our culture, then, requires the possession of transcendent qualities that, while immeasurable, are evident in global citizens. We are compassionate with our students, colleagues, and ourselves. We are innovative in the pursuit of learning. Ultimately, we create a culture where learning thrives, people are safe, and we mirror the qualities of world citizenry.
Lone Star College faculty are dedicated to four qualities of excellence:
- Student Invested
- Content Expert
- Pedagogically Excellent
- Institutionally Dedicated
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Conroe Center
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College–Conroe Center, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves Conroe, Willis, and the northern county communities. LSC–Conroe Center provides a relaxing and supportive learning atmosphere through certificate and college classes and workforce programs such as automotive technology, machining, and welding.
Campus address is 777 Conroe Park North Drive, Conroe, TX 77303.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides direction, teaching, and support for Continuing Education (CE) Healthcare course objectives and contributes to the educational environment of the Lone Star College System and the community. Responsibilities include teaching and advising students. Primary functions are to plan, maintain, access, and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student success and student learning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teaches courses in Patient Care Technician and CNA at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs, making continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods
- Develops and uses a syllabus for each course or laboratory within college and departmental guidelines
- Evaluates students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives and informs them in a timely manner of their progress in the course. Identifies and assesses student who are in need of additional instruction to successfully complete the course objectives
- Responsible for recruiting and advising students in their area
- Responsible for managing their classrooms and labs, including assuring lab facilities meet state requirements
- Responsible for assisting with student job placement
- Works directly with certification agencies to ensure alignment and high level of program and student success
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be fully skilled in all areas of venipunctures (ETS, Butterfly, Syringe) and capillary punctures both finger and heel sticks
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Mastery of course content
- Demonstrated leadership skills; style that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork, and facilitation
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with a wide variety of people at various levels
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service and providing a dynamic climate for life-long learning
- Ability to use effective strategies to engage students in their learning
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE & CONDITIONS:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment.
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position.
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office or lab environment with minimal exposure to safety hazards.
- Must have BCLS or ACLS Certification and at least 2 years of directly related teaching experience
- Must meet current licensing board requirements where applicable, including any required Licensing Board certifications
- At least 2 years of long-term care experience
- At least 3 years of experience in a laboratory setting
- At least 2 years of work experience with advanced knowledge of telemetry, EKGS, including 12 Lead and Holter monitoring
- RN or LVN
- AHA CPR Instructor Certification
- Associate of Applied Science degree, or higher
Commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, wellness programs, professional development opportunities, sabbatical opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.