Director of Data Analytics
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community including people of color, recent immigrants and nontraditional populations. The College mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Director of Data Analytics reports to the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness at Roxbury Community College (RCC) and has the broad responsibility for (1) ensuring that the College is accurately represented in national, state, and agency reports, and (2) of leading the research agenda for the College. The incumbent will assist senior College leaders in building a culture of data integrity and data-driven decision-making. The Director will also provide direct consultation and assistance to faculty and staff to meet their research and reporting needs.
Supervision received: Vice-President, Institutional Effectiveness
- Leading the institutional planning and evaluative processes, including strategic and tactical plans.
- Facilitating the collection, analysis, interpretation, utilization, and dissemination of data in support of institutional decision-making, student outcomes assessment, strategic planning, and policy development.
- Managing data systems, such as Jenzabar, to ensure consistency, reliability, and integrity of data reported for institutional research needs and external compliance.
- Preparing data submissions as required to the federal government (IPEDS), the state government (Massachusetts Department of Higher Education) and reports to support institutional and program self-study and accreditation reaffirmation processes (NECHE, JrCERT, ACEN for example).
- Providing support for the short- and long-term development priorities of the enterprise data warehouse in order to facilitate the delivery and management of campus data assets.
- Planning and supporting college research projects.
- Chair of the Institutional Research Board (IRB).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree or Bachelor's degree with industry certifications.
- Certifications in PL/SQL and Tableau Desktop, or ability to attain within 90 days.
- Experience in designing and implementing qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Demonstrated experience with statistical software and reporting tools.
- Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to present complex information to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to develop and maintain cross-functional, collaborative working relationships with administrators, faculty, and staff and with academic, administrative, and other functional units on campus.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-ethnic, multi-lingual environment.
- Ability to handle a diverse set of issues simultaneously and meet demanding deadlines.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and lead large projects.
- Commitment to the Roxbury Community College mission.
- Valid Massachusetts driver's license
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery .