Director of Grant Development
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year college serving a diverse community including people of color, recent immigrants and nontraditional populations. The College mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL and community education.
The Director of Grant Development reports to the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness at Roxbury Community College (RCC). This position is responsible for the identification, development and submission of grant funding opportunities that support the mission of the College. The Director will also provide direct consultation and assistance to faculty and staff to identify, development and submit federal, state, local and private grants. The Director maintains progress reports and provides information to the senior leadership and Board of Trustees as required.
Supervision received: Vice-President, Institutional Effectiveness
- Identify grant-based funding opportunities, and provide timely information to key personnel regarding funding opportunities.
- Assess the capability to compete for external funding and make recommendations accordingly.
- Work closely with faculty and staff in developing and transforming ideas into grant proposals.
- Write, edit and submit proposals that include needs analysis, goals, objectives, activities, action plans, performance indicators, evaluation strategies, timelines, budget, and supporting data. Coordinate the work of writing teams in completing grant proposals.
- Assist in mandatory reporting processes for specific grants, including periodic and final reports and renewal applications submitted to funding agencies.
- Serve as a resource for faculty and staff on aspects of grant seeking and proposal development.
- Planning and supporting college research projects.
- Member of ACUERDO College Governance.
- Member of the Institutional Research Board (IRB).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree from a regionally-accredited institution of higher education.
- Demonstrated experience in grant writing.
- Demonstrated experience with statistical software and reporting tools.
- Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to present complex information to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to develop and maintain cross-functional, collaborative working relationships with administrators, faculty, and staff and with academic, administrative, and other functional units on campus.
- Ability to handle a diverse set of issues simultaneously and meet demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-ethnic, multi-lingual environment.
- Commitment to the Roxbury Community College mission.
- Valid Massachusetts driver's license
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery .
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston