Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Intern
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Intern
Juniata College invites applicants to apply for the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Intern position.
The Equity Diversity and Inclusion Intern, assists the Director of Equity Diversity and Inclusion in daily operations and provides assistance related to programming and student support. Serves as a coordinator for the programming of the Unity House with both on and off campus constituents.
- Support the office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Assist staffing Unity House & provide the necessary support for and assist with implementation of programming planned in the Unity House including the coordination of logistics/reservations for events/programs sponsored by Unity House offices
- Serve as a resource person for students, staff, and faculty interested in the services of the EDI and Campus Ministry Office
- Develop the infrastructure and guide the coordination of culturally related student organizations to empower groups and create opportunities for mutually advantageous programming, education, and support
- Direct students to available services and track places where a service gap exists in order to help the institution strengthen its overall ability to support traditionally underrepresented students
- Raise general campus awareness levels around religious, diversity, and other social justice issues
- Assist in developing and implementing diversity training programs
SUPERVISION GIVEN AND RECEIVED:
- Reports to the Director of Equity Diversity and Inclusion or their designee and works with significant discretion and judgment as to how best to achieve college goals.
- Provides guidance, skills development and career support to students
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Significant knowledge and experience related to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Able to operate in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail & proven organizational skills
- Prior experience working in leadership positions with and/or supervising college students
- Ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with various constituencies in the college, including both academic and student life, and in the community to enrich awareness related to diversity and religious life issues on campus
- Positive/enthusiastic attitude
Personal Competencies Necessary to be Successful in Position:
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational and communication skills including the ability to relate well with students, church and community leaders, parents, and others from diverse backgrounds
- A working knowledge of computer programs
- Ability to work independently within a broad strategic framework and institutional priorities
- Proven ability to lead, to develop competencies in others and to delegate responsibility
HOURS: Work will be performed throughout the day and some evenings. It will be a one-year appointment with potential for a one-year renewal.
Juniata College embraces a liberal arts lifestyle and as such, we believe that all people bring valuable perspective to contribute as citizens in an increasingly global and diverse community. We encourage and seek mutual benefit through diversity of thought and approach which enriches our academic community, as well as the lives of our students and colleagues. Juniata College is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive community where members with different perspectives and backgrounds can learn, contribute, and thrive. Therefore, our relationships are based on mutual respect and support. Please join us…
Interested candidates are asked to submit the following materials via our on-line application system: Cover-letter, resume and list of references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy of Juniata College to conduct background checks.
To apply, please complete the on-line application at https://juniata.peopleadmin.com/postings/766