A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's athletics
program and collaborate with staff and administration to ensure
student-athletes are provided with opportunities and services to
help them succeed academically. All coaching positions will provide
support to athletics activities, have daily contact with the
public, and requires the ability to interact (internally and
externally) in a professional, positive, and tactful manner at all
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Coaching support in all aspects of the soccer program:
organizing practice sessions to enhance the team’s performance as a
highly visible sport; supervise staff involved in the program and
oversee the budget.
- Recruiting strategies through scouting, attending tournaments,
and home visits, in accordance with the Sun Conference and
- Assist with discipline policy and enforce the code of conduct
for both players and team.
- Make sure safety and proper skills and techniques are being
- Help to mitigate low-level grievances and complaints between
coaches and parents.
- Fundraising and develop other fundraising activities, camps,
and/or clinics to support the soccer program.
- Demonstrated professional judgment and discretion. Demonstrated
flexibility, time management, initiative, organizational skills,
and daily multi-tasking.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills . Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
management skills . Effective interpersonal skills and ability to
work with diverse constituents .
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative,
resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified as essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- Bachelor's degree plus two (2) plus years of coaching
- Must be able to work well with students, faculty, staff, and
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Proofreading
skills required. Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing
environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity