A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's athletics
program and collaborate with staff and administration to ensure
student-athletes are provided with opportunities and services to
help them succeed academically. The Assistant Men’s &
Women’s Soccer Coach
shall have the primary
responsibilities to execute Soccer coaching strategies that include
on and off-the-field performance: build a competitive team in the
competition; including, but not limited to player discipline and
wins on the court. Including, but not limited to assisting with
strategies for the recruitment of athletes and developing a
regionally and nationally competitive team. This will include video
services and operations tasks for recruiting, game analysis,
scouting, and instructional training purposes; accountability and
regulatory compliance for all student-athlete activities.
Responsible for assisting the head coach with the overall
management of the Soccer programs, establishing and adhering to
policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines in compliance
with the policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines of all
University, NAIA, conference, state, and federal laws.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Represent Florida Memorial University in a positive manner with
the highest degree of ethics and integrity. Promote and support the
mission of Florida Memorial University.
- Assist with organizing and directing all aspects of the Soccer
programs: organizing practice sessions to enhance the team’s
performance as a highly visible sport.
- Develop and enforce a consistent discipline policy and enforce
the code of conduct for both players and the team.
- Coordinate with Head Coaches on meetings prior to and during
- Make sure safety and proper skills and techniques are being
- Assist the Head Coaches with team evaluation and assure that
the team is organized and within the code of conduct.
- Assist with mitigating low-level grievances and complaints
between coaches and parents.
- Manage recruiting strategies through scouting, attending
tournaments, and home visits, in accordance with the Sun Conference
- Work to raise funds through the development of activities,
camps, and/or clinics to enhance the Soccer Programs.
- Participate in institutional professional development and
training. Display behavior consistent with professional ethics and
the FMU faculty and staff handbook.
- Provide administrative efforts, events and programming, game
operations, research, and presentation. This also includes but is
not limited to team communication and hospitality guidelines.
Representation at various South Florida business functions,
industry conventions, business seminars, and meetings as
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level
of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Work involves planning and directing daily requests. Ability to
plan and promote special events.
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or a
negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Lifting is
required (i.e., set-up of scorers’ table, etc.), and some manual
labor is expected. Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual
elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke,
unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- CPR and AED Certified.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified as essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- Bachelor's degree plus two (2) plus years of coaching
experience. Successful experience as a graduate assistant or intern
in an athletic program is acceptable with one (1) year of the
required experience. Goalkeeping experience is a plus. Travel is
- Experience in intercollegiate athletic program administration;
or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to work well with students, faculty, staff, and
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suite, and LinkedIn
Learning, as well as knowledge and understanding of the
organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
Familiar with Jenzabar technology suite for higher education and
Banner financial system.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity