Accountant 1, Research (OCG) - (STA006233)
Responsible for analyzing financial information and performing a variety of accounting duties associated with the timely and accurate preparation and reporting of sponsored project financial data, In accordance with applicable accounting standards, Industry regulatory and Institutional principles and policies.
- Analyzes award terms and conditions, budget, and sponsor
specific guidelines for financial conditions; including but not
limited to billing requirements, reporting, and spending
- Assistant with the setup and review of accounts within the
finance system to ensure financial terms are recorded with
appropriate key attributes; prepare accounting journals for cost
transfers and corrections.
- Analyzes and reconcile expenses posted to project cost centers
to identify errors or discrepancies and make correction;
communicates with sponsors about prior approvals for expenses,
no-cost extensions, and other changes affecting the award
- Monitor and reconcile facilities and administrative cost and
fringe benefit charges posted on sponsored project cost
- Monitor budget variance and obtain sponsor approval for
deviations not in accordance with the award's terms and
- Collaborate with Principal Investigators and department
administrators to ensure accurate and timely processing of
- Generate invoices and reports for sponsored research projects
and follow-up for payments; Use aging reports and send out
reminders for outstanding payments; takes action to ensure
- Research inquiries from Department Administrators and Principal
Investigators regarding financial data, allowable cost and other
sponsors restrictions and limitations.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 1 year experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of one (1) years of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston