Researcher 3 Social Behavior Science - (STA006176)
The Researcher 3 Social Sciences will support faculty members coordinating and carrying out ongoing research projects, focused on data collection and statistical analysis. Primary duties will include reviewing literature, developing written reports under the guidance of faculty and staff, and contributing to new research proposals.
1. Conduct literature reviews.
2. Manage and analyze quantitative and qualitative data.
3. Design and implement research projects, small area models, and analysis of Census data and other sources.
4. Perform statistical analysis.
5. Develop reports and other documents.
6. Create presentation slides with results from the analyses.
7. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Master's Degree with 3 years experience.
A Master's degree in social science or related discipline with a preference for coursework in a social science field (economic, social and political analysis, statistical analysis and programming).
A working knowledge of statistical software, in particular, STATA.
Knowledge of programming languages and other statistical packages, such as, R, Python and MATLAB, preferred.
Familiarity with GIS, mapping, and data visualization
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston