Research Administrator 1,2,3 - (STA006242)
Performs pre-award and post-award administration of federal, state, private profit and private non-profit grants and contracts awarded to the University of Houston.
- Initiates the creation of cost centers according to the terms of awarded projects and modifies cost centers according to revised award notices.
- Reviews proposals to external funding sources, from submission to award; ensures adherence to sponsor and institutional requirements; develops and reviews budgets; ensures observance of federal, state and university compliance requirements; verifies that all requirements regarding governmental certifications are addressed.
- Analyzes and reviews contracts in conjunction with the Research Contracts Officer.
- Evaluates expenditure transfer documents according to federal, state and university guidelines for allowability, appropriateness and timeliness.
- Researches sponsor's financial and administrative regulations applicable to funded projects.
- Provides guidance to department and college business administrators and faculty members on all fiscal and administrative grant-related matters.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Posting Information
To apply, the following materials should be marked relevant on your application:
2. Cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in the position
3. Contact information for three references
This position is housed in the College of Education- Office of Research and will report directly to the Associate Dean for Research
Bachelors and 1-5 years of experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.