Director of Admissions
University of Idaho
Director of Admissions
Division/College: College of Law
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $59,465 or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Director of Admissions is responsible for developing and directing the College of Law's admissions program, including:
- development and oversight of admissions office policies and
supervision of admissions staff;
- planning special recruiting events on and off-campus for
prospective and admitted applicants;
- the development and implementation of a coherent, unified
strategy to maximize the breadth and quality of the application
- counseling prospective applicants and conducting applicant
- participating, as a voting member, with the faculty admissions
committee in the applicant evaluation and decision-making process;
- working with faculty and committees as needed.
The Director also administers the College's scholarship program, in cooperation with the University Financial Aid Office, including the selection of the scholarship award recipients and counseling students on availability of scholarships and general financial aid matters.
The Director cultivates long-term relationships with strategic undergraduate institutions, pre-law advisors, faculty, and alumni to ensure that the goals of the admissions program are achieved. The Director serves as the primary and sole leader of law admissions processes and objectives and is responsible for meeting enrollment and budgetary goals. Travel and occasional evening/weekend work are required.
• Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited law school, OR Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of related experience in Law School admissions.
• Experience supervising or managing staff and/or students involved with admissions, recruitment, and enrollment management process.
• Experience using computer software and applications for word processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
• Experience working with and communicating with culturally diverse populations and a wide range of constituencies.
• Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited law school.
• Three years of experience working in admissions at a law school or other higher education institute. Understanding of higher education recruitment and enrollment trends and best practices at the graduate professional school level.
• Strong verbal and written communication, public relations, and organizational skills.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and conduct strategic planning.
• Experience working with ACES2 admissions program or other CRM tool.
• Experience in marketing higher education.
• Experience advising students in a higher education setting.
• Experience overseeing and maintaining a budget.
• Experience managing employees.
• Experience working with the legal community in Idaho.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Ability to lift and/or otherwise move up to 40 lb boxes.
• Ability to travel within the region regularly throughout the year.
Posting Number: SP002554P
Posting Date: 08/05/2020
Closing Date: 9/17/2020
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.