Hastings College is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our IT Team. As a Sysadmin, you’ll be responsible for configuration, maintenance, and support of the College’s Information Systems. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for our infrastructure, a variety of systems, and all hardware used across campus. We’re looking for someone with broad experience, who can deliver creative solutions to complex problems.
The System Administrator is responsible for configuration, maintenance, and support of the College’s information systems. This includes end-user devices, infrastructure, and software used throughout the College. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, administration of the datacenter, wired and wireless network, VoIP phone system, MFPs, security cameras, physical access controls, information security, Active Directory, and any other college-wide systems. This position will ensure computers, iPads, and any other classroom technology is provisioned and operational, with the skills to troubleshoot and resolve problems as required. This position will be required to be on call to monitor and resolve any critical outages.
This role is responsible for continued analysis and optimization of processes and systems, working closely with stakeholders to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of new and existing systems are in support of business goals and objectives. This role will possess essential process and technical skills necessary to support campus needs. They will ensure user requests are responded to in a timely manner, investigate and resolve system issues or performance problems, and collaborate regularly by working closely with other members of the Information Technology (IT) team to deliver complete business solutions.
Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience is required. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of technical support experience in an academic or business environment.
- 3+ years of experience with servers and network infrastructure.
- Knowledge of commonly used information systems and software packages is required.
- Proven ability to administer systems and recommend improvements or operational efficiency.
- Strong understanding of systems, processes and controls.
- Working knowledge of virtualization technology.
- Proven experience with Microsoft services including DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policy, Federation Services, and scripting. PowerShell experience is a plus.
- Ability to translate campus needs into system-based solutions.
- Ability to optimize consistent processes in systems through automation scripts.