Coordinator, Grants Institutional Development
Coordinator, Grants Institutional Development
SCF seeks employees looking to be a part of a culture of service excellence in the following position of Coordinator, Grants - Institutional Development. This position is responsible for the coordination of the State College of Florida Foundation’s (Foundation) efforts to procure grant funding from private, family, and community foundations to support the mission, objectives and programs of the Foundation. Activities include searching for potential funding sources that support the Foundation’s mission and priorities, facilitating the writing and submittal of grant proposals, conducting donors/prospect presentations & tours, and providing guidance on practical and compliance issues dealing with expenditure of funds, reporting, and interaction with funding sources and partners.
1. Coordinates grant development team(s) made up of College faculty, staff and others (including other collaborative non-profit organizations, co-trustees, trustees, family members, heirs, successor advisors, professional advisors, Executive Director of SCF Foundation); assists the team with formulation of project ideas and design; guides the writing team through internal procedures (ie: creating new funding opportunities to benefit strategic objectives or mission of Foundation); edits and enhances proposal presentation; refines the grant budgets, timelines and other documentation to meet specifications of funding sources.
2. Encourages faculty and staff participation in preparing proposals and administering awarded grants through presentations, recognition's and informal meetings.
3. Facilitates the development of collaborative proposals by nurturing existing external relationships established by Foundation, SCF division and departmental personnel (ie: community organizations, donor's family mission, professional advisor relationship, business and industry representatives, government entities, non-profit, or civic group).
4. Facilitates contact with local, state, and national private/family/community/non-profit foundations, trustee, co-trustee, professional advisor, other funding agencies as appropriate and necessary for effective management of potential relationships or funded grants.
5. Reviews and researches databases and other sources for potential funding resources that may support identified College/Foundation needs and initiatives and makes that information available to Executive Director of Foundation, and Institutional Development Staff.
6. Develops and maintains an ongoing grant submission plan for the Foundation, under the direction of and reporting to the Executive Director, SCF Foundation.
7. Makes recommendations to Foundation Executive Director or staff regarding policies and procedures for developing and submitting grant proposals, as well as the successful implementation of awarded projects (including proper administration and documentation for collaborative projects).
8. Provides general information on practical and compliance issues dealing with expenditure of funds, reporting and interaction with funding sources and partners.
9. Assists with a variety of tasks, including, but not limited to: researching data, campus tours, writing and editing of reports, and ensuring that final grant reports are completed on-time.
10. Supervises College/Foundation personnel providing support for the grants implementation as directed by the Executive Director SCF Foundation.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional appropriate sales or non-profit work and/or related volunteer experience may be substituted for a college degree on a year-for-year basis.
Proven success at raising private funds or proven sales experience(s).
Evidence of exceptional entrepreneurial, written and verbal communication, and organizational skills required.
Previous experience in a college/university or not-for-profit setting is desirable.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screening, credit check and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Foundation Program Services
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From:
Work Hours To: 4:30 PM
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $41,453.00 - $53,474.00
Job Open Date: 05/22/2020
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://employment.scf.edu/postings/3590
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.