Bard College, a liberal arts college on the Hudson River, is a
private institution working in the public interest.
The Bard College Information Technology department seeks a
well-rounded web professional with hands-on experience building
webpages, managing complex websites, and content production. A
successful candidate will work as part of a team to build
mobile-first, accessible, and standards-compliant websites for the
undergraduate college and greater institutional network. A
successful candidate will have a deep knowledge of web best
practices including responsive design, information architecture,
user experience, interactive design, analytics, SEO, web
optimization, versioning, and web accessibility. We are seeking an
individual with a combination of technical experience, strong team
ethic, and excellent communication skills.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Web Services
- Self-motivated web developer with a desire to stay current on
new technologies and solutions.
- A highly organized multitasker who is able to work
independently and in a team environment while consistently meeting
- Work within a CMS-driven environment to create, update, and
expand college web content.
- Develop an understanding of the internal stakeholders and
- Effectively employ information architecture to enhance and
simplify the user experience.
- Follow established web-team coding standards and college
branding and style guides.
- Anticipate issues from internal and external constituents and
assist in generating solutions.
- Understanding of and commitment to Bard College’s vision,
mission, and values.
- Bachelor's degree in digital media, marketing, communications,
design, or related field.
- 3+ years relevant web production experience.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of HTML and ability to
- Expertise in creating and applying custom CSS (SASS and Flexbox
- Experience updating websites utilizing a web content management
- Working knowledge of Photoshop or digital graphic-art
- Understanding of website best practices, SEO techniques, and
WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines.
- Provide at least 3 samples of recent web work.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of
three contact through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/75420
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome
applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical
disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and
reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment
practices, services, programs, and activities.