Job Title: Assistant Registrar (Registration Operations)
Reports To: Registrar
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Enforce academic regulations and policies as well as state and federal guidelines.
- Utilize Jenzabar Advising, Registration, and all related modules to update students’ academic records.
- Manage the maintenance of student academic records, enrollment, and statistics with the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Serve as the Registrar’s Office representative and give curriculum guidance to the Program Development Committee, Hudson Link Program, and Dominican Online Consortium.
- Oversee (serve as point person), for the college catalog development and catalog management system (Smart Catalog): corrections, additions, communicating with various committees (curriculum and faculty/senate) and departments to ensure accurate up-to-date information.
- Develop and implement coding structures for web registration, honors societies, and lab/clinical breakouts.
- Process students’ academic standing status in Jenzabar at the end of each academic semester, ensuring adequate reflection on transcript reports.
- Report and process degree audits, and certification of graduation candidates to the National Student Clearinghouse, and participate in commencement preparations.
- Evaluate and process all ‘Return to MSMC’ applications.
- Collaborate with the Office of Student Affairs and Office of Student Success in preparing for New Student Orientation.
- Assist in the daily tasks of the Registrar’s Office, which include maintaining accuracy of student records, inputting grade changes, answering phones, responding to email, facilitating student registration and course adds/drops, and processing transcript requests.
- Hold authority for personnel action through knowledge of departmental and institutional processes in the absence of the Registrar; this may include processing employee timecards and time off request, supervising work-study students, as well as assisting in streamlining office productivity.
- Back up the Registrar as a contact for essential school closing procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Previous experience working in a Registrar's Office; minimum of 3 years
- Proficiency with student information systems, MS Office and specialized academic software; experience with Jenzabar and Smart Catalog preferred.
- Knowledge of FERPA and other compliance issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work projects and adjust to changing workloads and