Academic Advisor 1 - (STA006243)
Provides information and advice to enrolled and prospective students regarding the academic programs offered by the University or a specific department, including requirements for admission and retention through graduation.
- Advises enrolled and prospective students regarding academic programs and curriculum.
- Analyzes and processes degree plans, graduation applications, grade change forms, and general petitions.
- Maintains students' files updated throughout their academic careers and makes changes to records as necessary.
- Analyzes and processes requests for readmission from academic suspension, and financial aid reinstatements; provides retention services for students on probation.
- May assist in conducting orientation sessions for groups of incoming freshmen and transfer students.
- Processes Veteran's Administration paperwork, writes graduation verification letters, and provides financial aid appeals.
- May assist in recruiting high school and community college students and may make presentations at special events.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston