Career Development Manager
University of Idaho
Career Development Manager
Division/College: College of Law
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $53,876 or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Career Development Manager in Boise is responsible for individualized personal and academic counseling, event planning, mentoring, coaching, guidance, and networking support for College of Law students and alumni. This position reports to one of the College of Law's two Assistant Dean of Students and is part of the student services team. This position will coordinate and collaborate with other administrative offices to achieve the College of Law's statewide goals.
• Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school and good standing bar membership in any state.
• Ability and willingness to travel. Must be able to work evenings and weekends to attend professional meetings, receptions and conferences outside the 40-hour work week.
• Employment related experience using personal computers for such things as word and data processing programs, spreadsheets, databases, and other software applications.
• Three years experience as a practicing attorney or in higher education.one to two years of career development experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Knowledge of issues related to higher education administration.
• Knowledge of career development issues, particularly those faced by attorneys and aspiring attorneys.
• Advanced knowledge of legal employment trends and career development.
• Membership or willingness to obtain membership in the Idaho State Bar.
• Positive attitude and professional demeanor in office including ability to interact well with faculty, staff, students, alumni, attorneys and the public.
• Ability to consistently exercise discretion and sound ethical judgment, particularly in dealing with confidential matters.
• Capacity to be self-starting and ability to work on multiple tasks. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated organizational skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002553P
Posting Date: 08/05/2020
Closing Date: 9/16/2020
Open Until Filled: No
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Letter of Qualification
- 8-12 page writing sample demonstrating legal analysis (uploaded to the Other Document 1 field)
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.