Specialist, Transfer Credit
Specialist, Transfer Credit
This position is responsible for the accurate evaluation of college transcripts and accelerated credits such as CLEP (College Level Examination Program), AP (Advanced Placement), IB (International Baccalaureate), Cambridge (AICE) and military coursework to determine transferability to a student’s academic record that are applicable to academic SCF’s degree and certificate programs. This position is responsible for processing official high school transcripts and GED score reports and high school transcripts for course exemptions and foreign language requirements based on official high school academic and military records. The position accurately evaluates, reviews and maintains test scores based on official ACT, SAT and/or other standardized testing scores. The position involves having detailed knowledge of SCF degree programs and requirements in conjunction with the Florida common course numbering system.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Analyzes, authenticates, researches, evaluates and processes official college and university transcripts to determine transferability of coursework and/or equivalency toward degree/certificate completion and could involve converting transfer credits from a quarter-based system to a semester-based system.
2. Analyzes, authenticates, researches, evaluates and processes official documents submitted for evaluation of transfer credit including, but not limited, to CLEP (College Level Examination Program), AP (Advanced Placement Program), IB (International
Baccalaureate Program), Cambridge (AICE), DSST, Excelsior and UEXCEL examination programs.
3. Analyzes, authenticates, researches, evaluates and processes official high school transcripts and GED scores to determine high school equivalency completion for admission to college level coursework.
4. Reviews, evaluates and processes official high school transcripts for exemptions of foreign language and entrance testing requirements.
5. Utilizes and applies all appropriate resources including the Florida common course numbering system, SCF policies and procedures and adheres to all College, regional, state and federal guidelines pertaining to transferability of coursework, accreditation guidelines and university transfer prerequisites.
6. Performs degree audits to review the accuracy of transfer course equivalencies to ensure courses are coded appropriately for SCF academic requirements.
7. Answers, researches, records and resolves all questions related to a student's college/university transfer or high school credit evaluation. Questions may be received via phone, mail, email or in person from students, faculty and staff.
8. Responds to inquiries from faculty, staff, students, other college/university personnel and the general public concerning course equivalencies.
9. Maintains regular contact with academic departments regarding articulation agreements, transfer equivalences, grade changes, etc.
10. Works with specified cohort groups which may include student athletes, international students and veterans on specialized degree requirements.
11. Keeps abreast of current SACS and Florida Department of Education requirements and policies concerning accreditation, transfer work, degree requirements, etc.
12. Responsible for scanning and indexing files into the document imaging system. This includes creating, filing, maintaining and purging student records in compliance with Florida's record retention requirements.
13. Provides quality customer service through the departmental phone queue, email inquiries and assisting at the front desk. This involves processing time sensitive information including, but not limited to registration, grades, verifications, transcripts, etc. and may involve evening hour coverage on a rotating basis.
14. Assists with the end-of-term processing of grades, including associated reports, processing and generating letters to students for academic standings, Dean's and President's lists.
15. Participate in graduation preparations and ceremony which may include ticket distribution, ushering, student check-in and other responsibilities.
16. Serves on campus wide committees as assigned; serves as a backup for other personnel with the department as needed; other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and one to two years of related experience and/or training within the field of education; experience with college course equivalencies and degree completion requirements; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
One or more years of experience as a “lead employee” with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, training new employees and assisting others with problems.
Special Instructions to Applicants
You will receive a confirmation number indicating when you have completed your application. If you have not received a confirmation number, you have not finished your application. Good luck in the recruiting process!
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Office of the Registrar
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From:
Work Hours To: 4:30pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $13.58 - $16.96
Job Open Date: 07/29/2020
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://employment.scf.edu/postings/3593
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.