Assistant Director, Cummings Center
Assistant Director, Cummings Center
The University of Akron
In conjunction with the Executive Director, manage and supervise the daily operations of the Cummings Center for the History of Psychology. Work with CCHP staff in collection development and to design and implement educational activities, initiatives, and events related to the history of psychology and related human sciences. Establish and cultivate community partnerships for the Center.
- 45% Supervise the daily operations of the CCHP, including working with center staff to identify, implement, and maintain best practices.
- 40% Support new revenue through grant writing, teaching and maintaining donor relations.
- 15% Serve as a liaison to provide information to the history of psychology community and the public.
- Requires a Masters degree in the history of psychology or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years experience with archival research or archival management required and record of successful engagement with the history of psychology or related human sciences community required.
- Leadership: Direct supervision as a first-line supervisor over exempt staff (and non-exempt staff, if applicable).
- Undergraduate teaching experience and demonstrated record of success with grant funding preferred.
The Cummings Center for the History of Psychology is an archives, museum, and research center that cares for, provides access to, and interprets the historical record of psychology and related human sciences. It is comprised of the Archives of the History of American Psychology, the National Museum of Psychology, and the Institute for Human Science and Culture. The vision of the Cummings Center is to promote and explore the understanding of what it means to be human.
The goals of the Center are:
- To generate awareness and understanding of the history of psychology and related human sciences
- To collect, preserve, and provide access to this historical record.
- To promote the use of primary source materials in the examination of the history of psychology and related human sciences, and the role of contextual factors in that history.
- To develop the Center as a resource where past and present intersect
- To offer public lectures, workshops, conferences and interactive exhibits that promote teaching and learning.
- To promote the care of archival materials and special collections.
- Visit the website at www.uakron.edu/chp for further information.
Located in Akron, Ohio, The University of Akron (UA) is one of the largest employers in the region and offers an array of employment opportunities. Here you'll find a metropolitan setting that places you in the heart of a dynamic, regional economy and in sync with the pulse of business, government and the community.
We're committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff by including individuals from varied backgrounds and characteristics, including age, gender, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, sexual orientation and socioeconomic background. We're also committed to offering competitive salary and benefits packages to qualified candidates.
Application deadline: Open until filled, however, review of applicants will begin September 3, 2020.
For complete position details, visit
Job ID #12395
The University of Akron is an equal education and employment institution. It is the policy of this institution that there shall be no unlawful discrimination against any individual in employment or in its programs or activities at The University of Akron because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military status or status as a veteran. The University is also committed to the principles of affirmative action and acts in accordance with state and federal laws.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Akron
- Academic Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Akron
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Akron
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Akron
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Akron