Assistant or Associate Professor of Computer Science
Assistant or Associate Professor of Computer Science
(Full-time tenure-track faculty position, anticipated for Spring 2021)
POSITION TITLE: Assistant or Associate Professor of Computer Science
DEPARTMENT: School of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a full-time, tenure-track, nine-month position at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor (rank depending upon qualifications). We seek a candidate with a minimum of a Master’s degree in Computer Science required (PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or Technology or closely related field preferred), to teach lower-and-upper level college courses in computer science and also supervise laboratory experiences. An ability to effectively use alternative teaching modalities (e.g., on-line, video livestreaming) in addition to teaching in a traditional classroom setting is required. This position will work as a team member on undergraduate program development. Appointment anticipated to begin Spring 2021.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: All faculty positions include a minimum of 12 credit teaching load (may include web-based or interactive video instruction and/or teaching courses at off-campus locations), academic advising, and participation in school committees and College governance. The successful candidate will demonstrate evidence of the potential for excellence in teaching, and dedication to College and community service.
All faculty are expected to:
- Take a supportive interest in the academic progress of each of his/her
- Meet with his/her classes as In case a faculty member is kept from his/her duties by illness or other legitimate reason, the faculty member must inform the respective Dean in advance, if possible, so that arrangements can be made for assignments or a substitute instructor.
- Maintain adequate office hours as assigned so that he/she may be available to the students for conferences to assist students toward achieving student success.
- Participate in the faculty-student advisory
- Keep abreast of his/her academic discipline through continuing study, and/or active participation of his/her professional
- Continuously strive to improve the effectiveness of his/her
- Keep accurate records of grades and other information required by the Deans, Registrar, Provost, President and any other administrator as may be
- Attend all faculty meetings of the college and the respective school in which the faculty
- Attend commencement and convocations and to cooperate fully with the BSC Board of Governors, the President, the Provost and the Dean in promoting the interests of Bluefield State College and the respective
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in Computer Science required. PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or Technology or closely related field preferred. Ability to teach effectively using alternative modalities (e.g., on-line, video livestreaming) in addition to a traditional classroom setting is required. Candidates should have experience in or potential for applied research with business, industry or government agencies.
COMPENSATION: Salary and rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position is contingent upon available funding.
THE COLLEGE: The mission of Bluefield State College is to provide students an affordable, accessible opportunity for public higher education. A historically black institution, Bluefield State College prepares students from all backgrounds for diverse professions, graduate study, informed citizenship, community involvement, and public service in an ever-changing global society. More information about the College is available at www.bluefieldstate.edu
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Completed applications are to be submitted in electronic format only to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include:
- Letter of interest specific to the position;
- A completed BSC Employment Application (form available at https://www.bluefieldstate.edu/resources/human-resources/jobs
- Contact information for at least three professional references; and
- Transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the application process; official transcripts will be required of the selected candidate.
DATE POSTED: August 5, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Position is open until filled. For full consideration, applications must be received by 4:00 pm EST, Monday, August 31, 2020. Applications will be accepted until position is filled; however, applications received after the deadline may not receive full consideration.
Bluefield State College is an HBCU, AA/EOE/ADA employer, committed to the principle that minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The college complies with all applicable federal and state laws designed to promote equal educational and employment opportunities. Bluefield State College does not provide H1B visa or employment sponsorship.
Apply for Assistant or Associate Professor of Computer Science
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bluefield
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bluefield
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bluefield