The Research Associate will work with Dr. Lanlan Shen, an Associate Professor of Pediatrics in the CNRC. The Research Associate will use various models and high-throughput genomic technologies to study the effects of early nutrition during infancy on the establishment of epigenetic gene regulation.
- Conduct NIH funded research in developmental epigenetics and relate the mechanisms to human diseases.
- Use various models and high-throughput genomic technologies to study the effects of early nutrition during infancy on the establishment of epigenetic gene regulation. In particular, develop novel model systems including primary cell culture to study tissue stem cells, ex vivo 3D cultured organoids to study stem cell functions, and genetically and epigenetically engineered mouse models to study human related diseases.
- Apply next-generation genomic sequencing technologies such as whole genome sequencing for mutation analysis, whole genome bisulfite sequencing for DNA methylation analysis, RNA-sequencing for gene expression analysis, and chromatin-immunoprecipitation sequencing for chromatin regulation.
- Education Required: Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- A recent PhD degree with background in biology, molecular biology or a closely related field.
- Excellent background and research skills in stem cell biology and epigenetics are desirable.
- Experience with gene targeting, mouse models, and/or studies of tumor microenvironment are desirable.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston