Associate Vice Chancellor - Racial Equity
Associate Vice Chancellor - Racial Equity
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education. CCC supports students in meeting their goals – whether that is pursuit of a credential to head into or advance in the workforce, an associate degree with the intention to transfer to a four-year college, free GED or ESL courses, or continuing education. CCC seeks candidates committed to our students' success and offers a unique opportunity for faculty and staff to have a lasting impact in our students' lives.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer and in partnership with district and college leadership, the AVC-Racial Equity will focus on the district's efforts to dismantle structural racism and eliminate educational inequities. The AVC will ensure that all seven colleges are supported in the execution of their respective equity plans, applying continuous improvement methods and practices to make unprecedented progress towards equity in student outcomes, and to support the district's anti-racism agenda.
The AVC will work within the Strategy team and partner with college teams to examine data, identify inequities, and develop and monitor strategies that address and correct those inequities. The AVC will work closely with key stakeholders across the district to leverage continuous improvement methods to identify, deconstruct, and assess barriers, processes and structures that lead to racial equity gaps. Analysis will lead to the recommendation of policies, strategies, and practices geared toward equity and a discipline of continuous improvement across the district. The AVC works directly with the Chief Strategy Officer and Deputy Provost to assist and monitor the execution of the Chicago Roadmap (partnership with Chicago Public Schools). The AVC will assess the need for and collaborate with leadership and college teams to recommend capacity building initiatives that will increase awareness and support the development of equity-minded and inclusive practices and values.
The AVC will also support CCC's institutional anti-racism agenda, which will engage a broader group of stakeholders and impact institutional practices such as human resources, finance, contracts, and policy.
- Leads district effort to support and monitor colleges on Equity Plan implementation, works closely with college equity leads to regularly monitor college equity data, and advises colleges on next steps.
- Oversees development of a racial equity framework, standards, and sustainability plan to ensure that racial equity is fully embedded in our efforts towards institutional excellence.
- Leads continuous improvement capacity building to advance and accelerate equity across the district.
- Working closely with the City Colleges of Chicago and Chicago Public Schools teams, leads the equity work defined in the Chicago Roadmap.
- Collaborates with district and college leaders to establish standard metrics and scorecard for tracking and reporting on racial equity gaps and gains. · Coordinates the sharing of promising practices and lessons learned around equity across colleges.
- Assesses policies, procedures and practices through equity lens and makes recommendations for improvements to ensure fair and equitable treatment of students.
- Collaborates with district enrollment team to analyze the new student experience beginning with recruitment and application and working through completion. Identifies barriers for students and recommends modifications to practices and procedures for more equitable outcomes.
- Facilitates discussions with a broad set of stakeholders to inform the CCC anti-racism agenda.
- Leads effort to ensure transparency and accountability in equity practices across the district and with our partners and community.
- Engages campus community in conversations, professional development, and trainings centered on inclusive practices, cultural competency, inherent biases, and other issues related to racial equity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports To Chief Strategy Officer
Direct Supervision None
- Master's Degree in Higher Education, Public Policy, Organizational Development, Business or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience with minimum of five (5) related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), racial justice, or racial equity.
- Deep knowledge of concepts, national trends, and current issues related to equity, diversity and inclusion, and an understanding of systemic and institutional racial bias in higher education.
- Experience leading bold, effective organizational and institutional change, even in the face of challenges and adversity. • Experience facilitating conversations about race and implicit bias.
- Track record using data to identify needs, implement solutions, and measure outcomes. Ability to perform high-level strategic planning and operationalize these plans/processes from beginning to end.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders, including academic and community audiences, in writing and oral presentations.
- Experience in continuous improvement methods preferred.
- Experience in a college, university, school district, government, or non-profit organization highly preferred.
- Experience in guiding the analysis of data and data-based inquiry to drive improvement in practice.
- Experience coordinating and delivering professional development for a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago