Assistant/Associate Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology - Laborist
The Dell Medical School of The University of Texas at Austin is seeking exceptional physicians to join the Department of Women’s Health as Assistant / Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology in a laborist role.
The Dell Medical School accepted its first class of 50 students in 2016, with the explicit aim of creating a vital, inclusive health ecosystem. As part of The University of Texas at Austin, one of the nation’s leading research universities, the Dell Medical School is pursuing innovation in the redesign of healthcare delivery, excellence in healthcare research, and programs in interdisciplinary and interprofessional education. It is the fifth medical school in the UT System and the first medical school established in nearly five decades by a member of the Association of American Universities, an organization of leading public and private research universities. An extraordinary commitment of resources, both public and private, has been made to enable the development and success of the Dell Medical School. The School is partnering closely with the community and regional healthcare providers and payers to provide new models for health promotion, healthcare delivery, and clinical care for the community’s underserved population.
The Department of Women’s Health encompasses the full range of subspecialties including specialists in Academic General Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maternal Fetal Medicine, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Gynecologic Oncology, Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
The Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology performs approximately 3,000 deliveries a year at Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin, the primary teaching facility at the Dell Medical School. In the summer of 2021, the Department will initiate labor and delivery services at a newly constructed, specialized labor and delivery unit at Ascension Seton Dell Children’s Medical Center for women with fetal anomalies.
The Assistant / Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology will be responsible for providing evidence-based, obstetrics and gynecology care, educating the next generation of leaders in obstetrics and gynecology, and contributing to investigation and discovery in the area of obstetrics and gynecology.
Specific job responsibilities will include:
- Providing comprehensive intrapartum care, including labor management and deliveries, post-partum management and antepartum assessment
- Participation in relevant registries and patient-reported outcomes into clinical workflows for the purposes of measuring clinical quality
- Participation in the creation of care guidelines and best practices for obstetrics and gynecology where national guidelines do not currently exist.
- Participation in national registries and care protocols.
- Developing partnerships with referring physicians, hospitals, and post-acute providers in Austin and Central Texas
- Training and mentoring medical students, residents and fellows on new models of care and clinical practice.
- Collaborating with other schools at the University of Texas at Austin and across the University of Texas system
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school
- Board certified in obstetrics and gynecology
- Eligible for appointment as an Assistant / Associate Professor
- Evidence of scholarly productivity