New York Film Academy, Los Angeles, California
The New York Film Academy was founded in 1992 on the belief that a top-quality education in filmmaking should be accessible to anyone with the drive and ambition to make films. The school opened at Robert De Niro’s Tribeca Film Center in New York City, and has expanded worldwide to include campuses in New York; Los Angeles; Miami; and Gold Coast, Australia.
The mission of the New York Film Academy is to educate students interested in the field of visual storytelling. NYFA courses have been designed to increase students’ creativity and technical expertise through an intense regimen of hands-on and classroom instruction. The Academy’s goal is to enrich its students as visual storytellers by helping them realize their personal artistic visions. NYFA’s expectations center on the growth of each student as a creative individual. NYFA is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
The New York Film Academy’s Student Life Department seeks to hire friendly and dynamic students to be Orientation Leaders for our Fall 2020 Orientation Week taking place online between September 8th-11th, 2020. Orientation Leaders welcome new students and increase their sense of belonging by guiding and introducing them to the New York Film Academy during online New Student Orientation Week. The ideal Orientation Leader is a current student, has positive energy, enjoys talking to new people from diverse backgrounds, can learn new information quickly, gets energized by being around others, is comfortable leading a group, and accepts feedback well. A strong candidate is great at building relationships, passionate about making others feel welcome and included, and is eager to complete tasks large or small all in service to supporting new students in an online environment.
Please note that those on F-1 visas will need to work with the International office to verify their eligibility for work authorization. A social security card number is needed in order to begin work. For questions about work authorization, contact email@example.com.
- Lead an Orientation group of new students during online New
Student Orientation the week of September 8th-11th, 2020.
- Facilitate activities to build connections among the new
student Orientation group.
- Refer students to the appropriate resource or staff to answer
common questions during online New Student Orientation and the
first weeks of classes.
- Contact and email new students with important New Student
Orientation information and reminders.
- Relay feedback from students and identify areas of improvement
to enhance New Student Orientation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current student in their second or later semester
- 3.0 or higher GPA and in good standing with the New York Film
- Must be available for training dates: Saturday, August 29th and
Saturday, September 5th.
- Must be available Orientation week, September 8th-11th.
- Enthusiasm for welcoming new students and representing the New
York Film Academy.
- Foundational knowledge of diversity and inclusion.
- Experience in a leadership role or facilitating
New York Film Academy (“NYFA”) is an equal opportunity institution. Prospective applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Firestone Park
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Firestone Park
- Film & Video Not specified Full Time jobs in Firestone Park
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Firestone Park
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Firestone Park