Scheduling Assistant - LA
New York Film Academy, Los Angeles, California
The New York Film Academy was founded in 1992 on the belief that a top-quality education in filmmaking should be accessible to anyone with the drive and ambition to make films. The school opened at Robert De Niro’s Tribeca Film Center in New York City, and has expanded worldwide to include campuses in New York; Los Angeles; Miami; and Gold Coast, Australia.
The mission of the New York Film Academy is to educate students interested in the field of visual storytelling. NYFA courses have been designed to increase students’ creativity and technical expertise through an intense regimen of hands-on and classroom instruction. The Academy’s goal is to enrich its students as visual storytellers by helping them realize their personal artistic visions. NYFA’s expectations center on the growth of each student as a creative individual. NYFA is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
The New York Film Academy – Los Angeles is seeking a talented and detail-oriented Scheduler to join our Scheduling Department. Schedulers are responsible for creating class schedules for programs assigned to them. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with a mind for time management, as Schedulers are expected to juggle multiple tasks at once. Additionally, this position requires someone with skills is problem solving and conflict resolution. This is a full-time position that will be temporarily remote until we are back on campus.
- Help create schedules for NYFA's various programs
- Coordinate with department chairs regarding schedules and instructors' availability
- Coordinate with instructors regarding their availability
- Coordinate and resolve conflicts in scheduling
- Coordinate any needs for substitution
- Keep both students and staff up to date with all changes in class schedules
- Maintain quality service by following schools standards
- Provide customer service to employees and students
- 1-3 years experience in scheduling or similar capacity
- Associate degree acceptable, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience working with Excel, Mac computers, Gmail, GDocs
- Must be a self-starter and a fast learner
- Must be able to demonstrate attention to details
- Should have great planning and organizational skills
- Quality control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions and responds to management direction
- Must be able to work effectively while working remotely
New York Film Academy (“NYFA”) is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.